P1000 Clunk

Revtech100

Revtech100

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2016
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i finally got out on the new machine. Glad I snorkled. The water was deep. And cold Anyway, it was awesome. Water crossings went well. Thanks to @CumminsPusher, @AKRider and @Delton fir all the good advice. Lots of power, very comfortable and only very minor seat heat. It was clunking when it shifted, but from what I read that will go away. Fun machine!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
i finally got out on the new machine. Glad I snorkled. The water was deep. And cold Anyway, it was awesome. Water crossings went well. Thanks to @CumminsPusher, @AKRider and @Delton fir all the good advice. Lots of power, very comfortable and only very minor seat heat. It was clunking when it shifted, but from what I read that will go away. Fun machine!
Revtech that's great to hear and glad you're protected. You're probably right about the clunky shifts just needs to break in. There aren't to many machines that get better as you drive but for sure this one does. Any pictures??

Reactions: joeymt33
Revtech100

Revtech100

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2016
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Revtech that's great to hear and glad you're protected. You're probably right about the clunky shifts just needs to break in. There aren't to many machines that get better as you drive but for sure this one does. Any pictures??
Here are the ones I took. I was really focused on how the machine ran...

Top picture is the Knik glacier. To much water to get to it, so we didn't try.
Second picture is lunch break and the kids playing in the Knik mud.
Third picture is the baby before we rode.
Last picture is Jim Creek and our crossing point. It's to the left hugging the bank then a sharp 90 across to the sand bar. Water was about wheel well deep at this point. It had dropped about a foot from this morning. We went up the valley towards the glacier, but the water was just nuts everywhere. Worst I've seen it since I started going here in 1989.

It was fun. I have to say this thing never complained or slowed down. Took it over the dunes and it just kept going like the energizer bunny. Very solid machine. Very pleased. Couldn't be happier with the purchase..

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Beautiful pictures! Really spectacular area!

Reactions: Eltobgi
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
She will definitely smooth out with some mileage. So get back out there!!

Reactions: joeymt33
Revtech100

Revtech100

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2016
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
She will definitely smooth out with some mileage. So get back out there!!
Heading up to eureka Wednesday to go hunting caribou. Should do about 100 miles this week.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Have you bought oil and filters yet or are you taking it in? That 100 sneaks up

Sent from iPhone

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Heading up to eureka Wednesday to go hunting caribou. Should do about 100 miles this week.
Towards end of that trip it should shift alot smoother. The clutch will engage/disengage smoother too. Mine rarely shudders any more except on a hill and even then it's very minor

Reactions: Revtech100
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's good to hear, both parts! I'm sick of the dealer! Keep your receipts. What I'll do is take a picture of the receipts next to the mileage indicator

Sent from iPhone

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Filters multiple packs eBay/Amazon. Oil just the stores

Sent from iPhone

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Its normal for a minor clunk as it shift up through the gears. They all clunk a bit especially taking off slowly so it shifts at low revs. It will shift into 6th gear at about 28 mph on easy accel.

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!