P500 Clutch adjustment success

T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
Lately my 2017 P500 was sort of sluggish shifting into 4th and 5th gears. Got almost 700 miles on it. Yesterday on a ride I noticed it seemed to be doing the same thing in lower gears. Having read the threads here on clutch adjustment I knew it was time to get the tools out and see if I had learned anything on this forum. So I just followed the directions another thread and watched the video and in just a few minutes the P500 shifts better than new. Piece of cake to get it done.
This is a great forum!

Fordman

Fordman

Lifetime Member
Aug 8, 2013
Fayette Al
Ownership

1. 500
Lately my 2017 P500 was sort of sluggish shifting into 4th and 5th gears. Got almost 700 miles on it. Yesterday on a ride I noticed it seemed to be doing the same thing in lower gears. Having read the threads here on clutch adjustment I knew it was time to get the tools out and see if I had learned anything on this forum. So I just followed the directions another thread and watched the video and in just a few minutes the P500 shifts better than new. Piece of cake to get it done.
This is a great forum!

Thanks for your info , seems when I’m kinda lugging down a logging road & hit 4th or 5th mines sorta slipping , I may need to adjust?

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
did mine.... it had kind of a delay in shifting ,hard to explain but was like you shift and would bog down for like 1 second in between shifts like a late reaction...
anyways did the clutch setting according to specs and shifts right on time..

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Adjusted clutch tonight and went for a ride. Shifts WAY better now. :D

T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
My 2015 with 750 miles is doing this too. Clutch adjustment added to my list of things to do now. :cool:
You need to just do it. It really is not that hard. The only tip I can offer is to use a real short slot blade screwdriver. A regular length was hard for me to get into position. I got a short one 3 inches? and it was easy. Got maybe 60 miles on mine since the adjustment and it shifts better than ever.
I posted a reply and when done saw you had done the adjustment. :)

Reactions: Todd627
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Guess it's my turn now! Rambo's got 1350 miles on the odometer and there is a very noticeable delay in each shift, especially in gears 3-5. It goes like this: pull paddle......wait for it...bang and the next gear arrives hard. I've never adjusted the clutch so I guess it's TIME. I'll do it this week and let ya'll know. Hoping for the same miraculous results you all got.

Reactions: Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Guess it's my turn now! Rambo's got 1350 miles on the odometer and there is a very noticeable delay in each shift, especially in gears 3-5. It goes like this: pull paddle......wait for it...bang and the next gear arrives hard. I've never adjusted the clutch so I guess it's TIME. I'll do it this week and let ya'll know. Hoping for the same miraculous results you all got.
It doesn’t take a lot of turning of the screw, a little at a time between test rides did it for me. Too much caused it to die out on shifts, an oh crap moment.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!