BOX1

P500 Clutch may be shot

Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
So this morning I started her up. And it was not idling right. Very sporadic. So I took the quad instead for day. When I got home I tried it again. Seemed ok when on gas and moving. But then sporadic when stopped. Then I realized it was hesitating I think because the clutch was engaging too much. Loosened the clutch adjustment. No more funky idle. But now I can't get the clutch adjusted to were it won't slip during shifts. Have a bad feeling some how the clutch was froze. And now maybe damaged. Ugh. Gonna try adjusting again this week. If I can't get it. Guess it will be going to the shop. Every thing can be fixed with money. Haha. Boo

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
So this morning I started her up. And it was not idling right. Very sporadic. So I took the quad instead for day. When I got home I tried it again. Seemed ok when on gas and moving. But then sporadic when stopped. Then I realized it was hesitating I think because the clutch was engaging too much. Loosened the clutch adjustment. No more funky idle. But now I can't get the clutch adjusted to were it won't slip during shifts. Have a bad feeling some how the clutch was froze. And now maybe damaged. Ugh. Gonna try adjusting again this week. If I can't get it. Guess it will be going to the shop. Every thing can be fixed with money. Haha. Boo
That doesn't sound good. How many miles/hours do you have on it? Mine still idles funny... It goes up and down slightly. Not a lot, but it is noticeable. I adjusted my clutch after the first oil change because it seemed to slip a lot during shifts. It only slips a little bit now. Seems just right to me.

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
What kind of oil are you using? If its not honda oil, is it jaso ma rated for use with a wet clutch?

Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
That doesn't sound good. How many miles/hours do you have on it? Mine still idles funny... It goes up and down slightly. Not a lot, but it is noticeable. I adjusted my clutch after the first oil change because it seemed to slip a lot during shifts. It only slips a little bit now. Seems just right to me.
About 700 Miles. It may be a result of the swamping it a month ago. Did 6 oil changes. Idk

Reactions: Montecresto
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I'm sure it'll be fine..... Come on it's a Honda... After I adjusted mine it shifts much smoother, snicks into next gear both ways much better now.

You'll be gtg

jrc

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!