Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Negative.
This has not bee a concern. The Talon just has a new sensor that will tell you if the oil coming out of the clutch packs is above thresholds. If so it triggers the light. 30 seconds or so of non-movement with a properly working cooling system and the oil will flush out.

The Pioneer issues have also been resolved for the common folks.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
D

DuneFlyer

Nov 27, 2018
Lake Havasu, AZ
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Negative.
This has not bee a concern. The Talon just has a new sensor that will tell you if the oil coming out of the clutch packs is above thresholds. If so it triggers the light. 30 seconds or so of non-movement with a properly working cooling system and the oil will flush out.

Yes, saw that - thanks for the reply.

I'm just wondering if that happens too often. Has anyone triggered the light? If so, under what conditions.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hey. Welcome to the club BTW!

I haven't seen any reports of Talon clutch issues nor them overheating. Well outside the fan mis-wire on the early models.

Long slipping of the clutches will cause this. Such as holding it on a hill without applying brakes using the transmission as the hold.

Thick mud and throttle with the tires not spinning.

Normal use where the clutches are engaged should never cause a issue because there is no slipping.

Best rule to stay safe with this topic is to keep the tires a turning and you should never have a issue. If they dont. Stop and rethink your position or winch out.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RockR

RockR

Hammer Down Trail Hound
Lifetime Member
Apr 15, 2019
SE Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes, saw that - thanks for the reply.

I'm just wondering if that happens too often. Has anyone triggered the light? If so, under what conditions.
I have on one trip. We were running slow on muddy trails (<15mph most of the time) then got into a NASTY quicksand mudhole. Light came on and tires wouldn't turn. I shut it down and let it cool (opportunity to drink) then got out once we cranked up again. BTW- Technically you should put in N or P and let it idle to cool down, but I didn't have the manual with me.

Problem now resolved (i.e. never happened again) by running in low gear all day on the trails. No big deal running in low because you just end up in higher gears in tranny.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!