P1000 Clutch slipping update (weird)

howardjg

howardjg

Feb 18, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Weirdest thing happened to me....been dealing with a slipping clutch for months....even though I rarely use my 1000-5 in the summer. Today was the day I was loading it up to take in for service. Did the clutch relearn today one more time and it actually took. Probably tried 20+ times before with no luck. Ran it around rest of weekend and it shifted beautiful. Do I just count my lucky stars and move on?? 2017 model 1000-5 with 478 miles

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Weirdest thing happened to me....been dealing with a slipping clutch for months....even though I rarely use my 1000-5 in the summer. Today was the day I was loading it up to take in for service. Did the clutch relearn today one more time and it actually took. Probably tried 20+ times before with no luck. Ran it around rest of weekend and it shifted beautiful. Do I just count my lucky stars and move on?? 2017 model 1000-5 with 478 miles
Run it. My .02

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Ride it - skinny pedal down - enjoy the beautifully working clutch….

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Not sure....I picked it up used. Is there a way to check??
Yes sir.
To be clear Its was a “campaign” not a recall so its over with and Honda wont cover it now if u ask.

All 16’s and 17’s had issues with the clutches overheating, slipping and burning up. This fix helped that. Now if its slipping updating this cover isnt the only fix, you will still have to replace the clutches. Search up top for the thread that explains the whole campaign. Let us know if your updated
IMG 5175

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!