P1000 Weird start up issue

Trevan

Trevan

Sep 1, 2019
Milton, ON. Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just drove in to our camp about 30 minutes. Im running tracks and once i stopped it was hard to shift into neutral and when i went to restart the display shiwed a - and once started it indicated 2 as if i was in 2nd gear, oil and power steering lights flashing. Oil is fine but it wont shift out if 2. Have not tried to move it yet
Any ideas ?
D33286E5 E703 47E5 A530 7A20574C0275

Trevan

Trevan

Sep 1, 2019
Milton, ON. Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does it surge at idle, like an uneven rough idle?
No nothing like that. Smooth idle although at one point on the way in it was idling a little high. Just went out and it started and the display was back to normal was able to move it forward. . Voltage a little low even though the battery is less than 6 months old. Going to sleep on this and then try again in the am.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No nothing like that. Smooth idle although at one point on the way in it was idling a little high. Just went out and it started and the display was back to normal was able to move it forward. . Voltage a little low even though the battery is less than 6 months old. Going to sleep on this and then try again in the am.
I remember reading on here somewhere that a member with tracks was having same issue. Something to do with something freezing. Was running fine, parked to do some ice fishing and when he wanted to leave it was doing weird stuff. I think it may have been @NorthernJoe but not sure.

Reactions: Buggyman
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Found it. This might help.

Reactions: Buggyman and Lady01
Trevan

Trevan

Sep 1, 2019
Milton, ON. Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This morning it started normally with P indicating and it shifted into drive and off we went shifting as it should. About 45 minutes of driving on the snow covered forestry road and loaded it back on the trailer. On restart after loading - same issue! At least we are out safe and back to home base to investigate further.
Thanks to all that responded and once tje issue is resolved I will post it.
T

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure it's related, but the machine's systems all require semi-decent voltage to work correctly. My OEM battery failed after one year. Apparently the long wait for other parts had batteries sitting on the shelf and when doing that, it's wise to charge them every 6 months. My battery was toast as they probably didn't do that. New battery fixed it.

So, check your battery with a voltmeter, no load 12.5 volts is roughly an 80% charge. While cranking, you generally want to see voltage drop no lower than 10 volts.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!