P1000m5 Clutch Update, Now Low Oil Pressure Light

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had clutch upgrade done back in the spring,got it back noticed a chatter noise,kept getting worse so took it to dealer Saturday found out today crank bearings are out!
I'm gonna guess that the "tech" (that's an insult to actual capable mechanics) did the dreaded o-ring omission procedure and your engine has been running with almost no oil pressure since the update. Stories like this make me shudder, which is why I haven't gotten my updates done yet. Hopefully, you've documented the chatter with a video or at least a documented phone call to the dealer. Good luck and please keep us updated on what happens. Thx!

H

htr4life

Feb 6, 2016
GA
Two trips to the dealer for the clutch upgrade campaign (44 days w/out unit) and the LOP light still comes on. Note, the low oil pressure light never came on in 2 years of ownership. Honda Corp. continues to advise using the same dealer although they appear to be incompetent Not to mention, Honda will not place a factory warranty back on the unit although i continue to experience this ongoing headache. Needeless to say, Honda's CS is lacking from every angle.

Last edited:
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Two trips to the dealer for the clutch upgrade campaign (44 days w/out unit) and the LOP light still comes on. Note, the low oil pressure light never came on in 2 years of ownership. Honda Corp. continues to advise using the same dealer although they appear to be incompetent Not to mention, Honda will not place a factory warranty back on the unit due to this ongoing headache. Needeless to say, Honda's CS is lacking from every angle.
You could call around to other dealers, but I don't see too many out there that would be wiling to take on someone else's problem, unless you were/are willing to pay out of pocket for it to be corrected.
@Kilo427 has done his own clutch update, he may still have part numbers for the components/seals needed to rectify this and fix it yourself.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
sounds like they took care of the update but won’t fix the lop? It came on after the update?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is a common install when a very specific seal is either left out, or damaged. It is kinda documented here on which seal creates the issue.

@HondaTech might be willing to provide some insight.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
At this point I’m not thinking it’s the seal. One of the ones more common to screw up is the fiber split seal. Even though it’s common if the dealer is working with Honda they went there first

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does your light come on immediately when started? Or is it still taking upwards of 30 mins of runtime per your original post?

BuckCreek01

BuckCreek01

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2018
Griffin Ga.
Ownership

1. 500
Two trips to the dealer for the clutch upgrade campaign (44 days w/out unit) and the LOP light still comes on. Note, the low oil pressure light never came on in 2 years of ownership. Honda Corp. continues to advise using the same dealer although they appear to be incompetent Not to mention, Honda will not place a factory warranty back on the unit although i continue to experience this ongoing headache. Needeless to say, Honda's CS is lacking from every angle.

Replied to your PM. Give me a call if you desire.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
After running about 30 minutes and coming to an idol, the light comes on.
Document this with video if you can. There's a chance that your engine has suffered damage from repeated low/no oil conditions. May not show up now, but there are other members that have had engine damage after getting an incorrectly assembled update procedure.

B

Bbarker

Jul 19, 2018
East kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Haven't been logged in for a couple days but did find out another 1000 is making the same noise,it's clutch upgrade was done about the same time mine was and the dealer said we called about the chattering noise about 3 days apart.anyway Honda rep supposed to be there tomorrow wants to here both machines run then be there during the tear down.

B

Bbarker

Jul 19, 2018
East kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So far Lexington motorsports has been very cooperative,my brother in law's 1000 hasn't had the clutch upgrade and his started same noise with less than 300 miles

B

Bbarker

Jul 19, 2018
East kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Honda of prestonsburg didn't seem to helpful and that's where he bought it,lex.motorsports told him to bring it in tomorrow so Honda rep.could listen to it.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Haven't been logged in for a couple days but did find out another 1000 is making the same noise,it's clutch upgrade was done about the same time mine was and the dealer said we called about the chattering noise about 3 days apart.anyway Honda rep supposed to be there tomorrow wants to here both machines run then be there during the tear down.

Good grief who is installing these clutch updates wrong? Its not like there isn't a service bulletin with specific instructions. I hope they get it figured out!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone ever have a few minutes to reread older threads?
Thread in question, P1000 - VERIFIED - Official Pioneer 1000 Clutch Update!

Hello everyone.. I need some help!

I took my 2016 Pioneer 1000 in for the clutch update. The unit had only 250 miles and was experiancing no issues (ran perfect, but I wanted to get ahead of the curve on the clutch). The update was installed Oct 4, 2017, I picked it up brought it home and after approximately 30 mins the Oil Pressure light came on. I stopped the unit checked all fluids and all were okay. I took the unit back to the dealer and they have not been able to find any problem, except the light comes on once the unit really warms up (about 30 mins) There are no codes, no performance issues... nothing wrong except the light.

Today the Honda District Manager suggests there may now be a pinched wire in a harness that is causing the problems so they are looking at that.

Does anyone on here have any thoughts on this issue?

Update on my low oil pressure light that resulted from my Clutch Recall update.

On page 4 of the service bulletin, the picture details the "Orifice Control Solenoid Valve" which should include an O-RIng where it plugs into the "Clutch Control Body". The kit my dealer received did NOT include the O-Ring so it was not installed. The dealer ordered a new kit which DID include the required O-Ring. They put the new kit into our P1k last Friday and so far no low oil pressure lights.

Please pass this information on as needed!

J

jim33023

Nov 18, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-3
what oring are we talking about the one that goes on the shaft or the small oring on the cover

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!