CO Trail Info Please

T

TheBreeze

Jan 6, 2017
Van,Tx
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Newbie from Tx wanting to bring my new 1KP5 to Colorado this summer. I would like to know what are the best most scenic trails to ride. Looking for mining rd type of riding no rock climbing or deep water stuff.
An area that might be close to a Motor Home quality campground would be nice.I will be driving a 45ft MH pulling my Jeep and my pioneer behind it.
Thinking about Ouray area, or is something better out there?

Thanks Eric

Reactions: Plumber32
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I havd been researching the same areas, that would be fun.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yep, Silverton and Ouray areas are excellent choices. Take the Narrow Gauge train from Durango to Silverton if you go. It's a must do! Lived in Durango a bit. Great town.

Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Ouray/Silverton area is a great area for riding. There are plenty of trails to ride between Ouray, Silverton and Lake city. Lots of beautiful scenery, old mines and ghost Towns.

F

Fpkelly

Dec 31, 2017
Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I know this is a year old but can you get from lake city or Silverton to Creede or further to South Fork with a pioneer?

Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know this is a year old but can you get from lake city or Silverton to Creede or further to South Fork with a pioneer?
I know you can get to Creede via Stoney pass Rd. We are going to be there the last week of August and I can probably give more information when I get back. I plan on doing the Alpine loop to Lake city and Stoney pass Rd. Lots of good trails in that area - not much technical stuff but spectacular scenery.

F

Fpkelly

Dec 31, 2017
Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I know you can get to Creede via Stoney pass Rd. We are going to be there the last week of August and I can probably give more information when I get back. I plan on doing the Alpine loop to Lake city and Stoney pass Rd. Lots of good trails in that area - not much technical stuff but spectacular scenery.
Headed from Ouray to lake city on 8/10, was hoping to make it to Creede on 8/11, booking hotel rooms, didn’t want to pay for one in Creede that I couldn’t get to. Trying to find a map that spells it out online...

Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t know if Creede is as ATV friendly as Silverton and Lake city, so I don’t know if a hotel is accessible on that side. We plan on doing Stoney pass from Silverton to Creede and back. If we don’t make the whole trip we will be camping on the trail.
@Fpkelly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
F

Fpkelly

Dec 31, 2017
Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok, looks like the safe bet is plan on being in silverton on the 11th, thanks!

F

Fpkelly

Dec 31, 2017
Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don’t know if Creede is as ATV friendly as Silverton and Lake city, so I don’t know if a hotel is accessible on that side. We plan on doing Stoney pass from Silverton to Creede and back. If we don’t make the whole trip we will be camping on the trail.
@Fpkelly

Had a great time, per the people in Lake City as long as you’re not abnoxious and pay attention to the speed limit etc. you can travel from Lake City to Creede on a UTV. We went from Lake City to Lake San Cristobol to get to Silverton the second day, when you’re on Stony pass take the side trail to Kite Lake, you won’t be disappointed

Reactions: Koda
Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the info. We will be there next week. Didn’t get to do Stony pass last time so we are definitely riding it this time. Will do the Kite lake trail also.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!