P1000 Colored panels?

kjw83

kjw83

Dec 2, 2017
Madisonville KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought the P1k5 base model thinking I could save a few bucks and just buy the red panels from a website.....who has the best price on them right now?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought the P1k5 base model thinking I could save a few bucks and just buy the red panels from a website.....who has the best price on them right now?

They change so often and with deals you really have to price check when you’re going to pull the trigger. Even then you might have to buy from a couple different sites to get the best deal.

Reactions: Smitty335
kjw83

kjw83

Dec 2, 2017
Madisonville KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They change so often and with deals you really have to price check when you’re going to pull the trigger. Even then you might have to buy from a couple different sites to get the best deal.

do they sell the panels individually or can I buy them all together as a kit?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You have to get the inserts for the plastic correct? Your doors currently don’t have nuts for the bolts do thy?

M

MDubya

Jun 6, 2017
Holly Springs, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I have the same model and asked the same question. The deluxe models and above have inserts places in the doors so you can bolt the colored panels to them. Otherwise, I guess you could just find the right hardware to screw them to the doors? Wouldn't be as secure of a fix, but would get the desired result.
I have seen entire sets for $250-$300, but then you'll have to hook'em up with some of those fancy Hondasxs.com decals and logos!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I may be wrong but the red/green kits come with the hardware. If you’re trying to change colors on your 5 to something other than that you’ll need to buy the nutcerts.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!