Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Hmf and walker are the only ones to offer free trails

C

classichonda

Jul 12, 2015
The reason nobody builds high performance parts for the P500... it's not a high performance machine. It's a utility machine that also works in the trails. I like the P500 but I don't understand pumping a bunch of money into go-fast parts for the slowest sxs on the market.

Reactions: Stoney
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the Club @classichonda !! The reason is the same as why people spend $1000+ dollars on super light weight frames for bicycles. Because everyone has a little bit of throttle junkie in them, and the heart will want what the heart will want!!

Reactions: joeymt33
C

classichonda

Jul 12, 2015
Welcome to the Club @classichonda !! The reason is the same as why people spend $1000+ dollars on super light weight frames for bicycles. Because everyone has a little bit of throttle junkie in them, and the heart will want what the heart will want!!
Very true. Now that I think of it, I've been guilty of doing the same thing on other toys. ie: klx250s. Thanks for the welcome!

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
The reason nobody builds high performance parts for the P500... it's not a high performance machine. It's a utility machine that also works in the trails. I like the P500 but I don't understand pumping a bunch of money into go-fast parts for the slowest sxs on the market.
I respectfully disagree with slowest sxs on the market. The p500 will smoke any kabota or John Deere diesel and kawi mules. I would say it mid pack on performance.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
slowest eh I wouldn't go there but maybe the lowest top speed but I don't know about the 570 ranger maybe lower and there is a huge difference between saying go fast parts and performance parts lol a cheatah is fast and lion is strong but you wouldn't call either a kitty :p now im not looking to make my p5 a rocket I want more power and better suspension not go fast but better performance

Reactions: joeymt33
Stoney

Stoney

Jan 28, 2015
Alberton, Montana
I think this thread is great and headed in the right direction. Something to consider when contacting these companies is that the P500 is a tractor. I'm all for taking my tractor and making it a better tractor. But I just don't see the support from companies or owners to take a tractor and make it a sand dragger. The few that will want to are going go extreme are likely to be building and fabbing one off parts as seen historically in the auto and powersports world. For the P500 engine performance needs to be focused more on a little bit of pep and a lot more comfort. Smooth shift kits, exhaust silencers, intake snorkels/silencers, plug-in fuel controllers that are hassle free. Shocks and springs need to be heavy load comfort oriented. Think old guy who is hunting on a logging road who had 3 disc fused because of a chopper wreck in Vietnam. Chances are he's hauling a metric ton of camping creature comforts, enough recovery gear to pull out a Caterpillar, and possibly his critter. But these are just my two cents as per the reg :)

Reactions: jak9922
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Stoney i love your post bro but the one thing i can add is that bulldog CAN hang with the big dogs in the trails AND is 100% more utility like you said shes a tractor i haul all the gear food and beer/ water (for my son) on our rides

Reactions: Dp5hunter

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!