companies I've tried to contact so far for p5

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
As did I with w.e. and fox and understand how many rzrs are out there supply and demand now if the p5 has been out for 10 yes the. Hell yeah there will be everything under the sun like an atv civic but racetech starts with true race performance unless u start with a customer custom ordering and saving saging specs almost the same as fox when I was dealing with Joyner buggies it wasn't until we Completley flooded the. Before they worked with us with out a custom order price we had a vendor close to them And willing to do the leg work and r&d before they agreed so guys unless the p5s boom we have to beg beg beg and show theme it's worth it

Reactions: SBuckJ
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Walker and Fox are not going to build or develop anything outside of what they already have. I contacted them about making me a set of Longer shocks so as to give me a lift and they said plain and simple.
NO , what we have is what you get no custom work.

EMP is a great option. I wanted a full cab for T-shirts in winter, and no one was going to make one or guarantee that it sealed, SO I had to go with Honda. I knew it would all fit together it was made as a complete solution.
WAS hard to swallow BUT some things just cost money to make. A dollar doesn't go as far as it used to anymore.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
im still waiting to hear back from king also im really hoping I don't have to bite the bullet and have a set made lol my wife will spit our son out a little early

Last edited:
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
check this out guys ive been talking well emailing walker all morning and seem the shocks they have for the 700 have the same travel 6" as the p5 now we have to find someone with a 700 to measure their shocks so I can compare with the p5 to see if we have a readily option here mr hondasxs would you like to help out with this little hiccup

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
if the 700 shocks fit the 500 then that will give us elka fox and walker

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
King wants me to get a group to agree to a price but they also want someone to drop off a ride for test and tuning ill see tomorrow if they will work with me through mailing shocks and taking my feed back but also looks around that would cost me 504 per shock

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Well front 700 shocks could possibly work prob raise it an inch the rears are way to long to fit the p5 ba k to the drawing board i guess

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
so frustrating trying to work with companies that aren't local and want a vehicle there at their shop to work on

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Ok back to elka on monday the shocks on the p5 are the perfect match to my rancher at irs just double the weight im going to see if they can valve and spring it to match the p5 heres hoping

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Wow looks like im talking to my self this is more like a memo pad then a forum come on guys jump on board here

advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Lol @jak9922. I'm sure support will come soon enough.
Most of us are caught up on the P1k for the past week. Hoping and dreaming. Lol.
Still there will be a huge demand for the 50" sport.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Support comes when we make it!!!! Cant just sit back and hope and wait look comapnies wouldnt make tvs unless ppl were buying/ wanting them so companies arent just make something for a small market unless they feel they can make money and like i posted before there is always the custom route but that cost 2x as much and id rather have something readly available for everyone to enjoy i get all the buzz about the p1000 but cant get cauht up on something that isnt out yet or forget get about what you have wet dreaming about something else truth is is that if u own a p5 is because a full size doesnt suit you like myself 60"+ is pointless i cant ride it here so yea its awesome for honda and the sxs industry but truthfully dont care to much i want to make the p5 the real machine it has the potential to be

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
This is my passion this is what i do making something its not !!!!!! Like saying u like the performance of a vette but u love the kia soul ....... so ill take a soul boost the s*** out of it tune it till there is no tomorrow and drop a suspention in there to make it handle on rails this is what i want to do to the p5 just off road set up is a TAD different then street

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Just right now i really dont want to go the full custom rt but like i said earlier im so damn impatient! !!!!!!!!!! I believe the perfect trail ride would be taking the p5 and putting the Arctic cat trail suspention on it that would be a ticket to success! !!!!!!!!! And raising the 42 limit to 55

ksss

ksss

Jul 14, 2013
To racetechs defense they are a pure performance company so unless there is a demand for high profile racing or insane demand the only way we are going to see shocks for them is if some one orders custom shocks from them and tells them to keep the specs because more ppl are going to order them lol but I can't be a 3000$ guinea pig on that one

I don't think it has anything to do with performance orientated parts, they make a great lift kit set up for Polaris (some say the best kit on the market) and they have sold truck loads of them. It takes R&D (read money) to design and build aftermarket parts especially things like lift kits and shock/Spring kits. Once the money is spent on the design and build there has to be a payday. There is no payday coming on models that sell in the numbers of the P5. I think what Racertech is saying is that if sales take off (which isn't going to happen with the current machine) they would look into building components for the machine. We can email these companies as much as we would like about building components for machines like the P5, but they look at the industry sales numbers, and until those sales numbers make $ and sense, they are not going to build specialized components for them.

I can see where the engine remapping and things like that could be done in the aftermarket since the engine is used in other models that are not exclusive to the P5.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
agreed but at some point I have to take the shocks off my rancher and see if they are a perfect fit on the p5 the measurements are the same so if they fit that leaves the door open to ordering 420 irs shocks and having them revalved and sprung to the weight of the p5

hop

hop

May 20, 2015
What states are these companies located in? close enough to me, I'd drop my machine off for a while, as long as i can have it back before the hunt...

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
What states are these companies located in? close enough to me, I'd drop my machine off for a while, as long as i can have it back before the hunt...
Hmf is in ohio elka is canida fox and walker evans and king are in cali

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!