P700 Contemplating a heater

M

M_Walker

Dec 27, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
We use our Pioneer 700 for snow plowing in the winter and just cruising around back roads during the other three seasons. A Honda heater is on my wish list, but after reading some threads here I wonder if it will create additional heat for us in warm weather. Do the vent/louvers close well enough to stop heat from escaping? It seems with them closed and the fan off it shouldn't be an issue. If they don't close well enough, perhaps I could fashion a cover for them. I would be interested in hearing from others that have the Honda heater installed.

M

M_Walker

Dec 27, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think you could just add a shut off valve on the water lines to make sure the hot water doesn't circulate through the heater.
That would shut off flow to the cooling system. As others have discussed here, installing a bypass valve would be a viable solution.

Hoping someone can respond to the following:

* Do the vent/louvers close well enough to stop heat from escaping?

* I would be interested in hearing from others that have the Honda heater installed.

Tim-1000 XT-R

Tim-1000 XT-R

Nov 2, 2018
Oakdale, MN
That would shut off flow to the cooling system. As others have discussed here, installing a bypass valve would be a viable solution.

Hoping someone can respond to the following:

* Do the vent/louvers close well enough to stop heat from escaping?

* I would be interested in hearing from others that have the Honda heater installed.
Thats what I meant just didn't word it right lol. I understand you still need the coolant to circulate.

Reactions: M_Walker
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes, you want the coolant to circulate. But you can install ball valves in the lines to isolate the heater for summer use so it essentially takes it back to stock and ease of repair if need be. I have a P1K5 and not sure how a P7 works for a heater but the should be the same principle. Also note that the Honda heater at least for the P1 is lest to be desired for good heat coming out of it. There are some aftermarket ones that will do a much better job and considerably less cabbage (for those of you in Reo Linda that’s less money) lol. You’ll have to get creative on your own isolation valve placement but imo it’s a much better solution. @ohanacreek has a pic I believe of his old P7 with a universal heater he can pop on here for ya. As for the vents, yes all the round louvered vents shut completely off, but if your isolating the heater in summer, that won’t be a concern for u if they get left open ;)

Reactions: Todd627
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, you want the coolant to circulate. But you can install ball valves in the lines to isolate the heater for summer use so it essentially takes it back to stock and ease of repair if need be. I have a P1K5 and not sure how a P7 works for a heater but the should be the same principle. Also note that the Honda heater at least for the P1 is lest to be desired for good heat coming out of it. There are some aftermarket ones that will do a much better job and considerably less cabbage (for those of you in Reo Linda that’s less money) lol. You’ll have to get creative on your own isolation valve placement but imo it’s a much better solution. @ohanacreek has a pic I believe of his old P7 with a universal heater he can pop on here for ya. As for the vents, yes all the round louvered vents shut completely off, but if your isolating the heater in summer, that won’t be a concern for u if they get left open ;)

All I got of it.
D73333E7 E6AF 4FE1 9670 7BEF1DC1DE32
BB0CE412 89FC 43DD A5CE 8FF442BD9D6B
0C73DE8B 9B99 49CC 84FD AA886997C0F7
13DC4ACD 40BF 445B 9DD9 4E3A807CB9BB
Electronic Heater Valve
It was directly under the heater core
2679C34C 77B8 4FD3 AB1A 152FD7ED3257
04F76A67 E0DF 4139 9F48 3A0C3214AC67

Reactions: Remington

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!