P1000 Continuous duty solenoid to hook up an aux battery?

FoggDogg

FoggDogg

Mar 26, 2022
United States
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello. I recently purchased my first machine, a 1000-3 Deluxe. I bought it used w/ 350 miles on it. The original owner installed a speaker, light bar, rear light pods, winch and turn signals. He planned to install the dual battery, but didn't before he sold it. I'm going to do it as soon as the weather breaks here in Michigan. My question is how big of a difference is there between these 2 solenoids?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Lady01
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello. I recently purchased my first machine, a 1000-3 Deluxe. I bought it used w/ 350 miles on it. The original owner installed a speaker, light bar, rear light pods, winch and turn signals. He planned to install the dual battery, but didn't before he sold it. I'm going to do it as soon as the weather breaks here in Michigan. My question is how big of a difference is there between these 2 solenoids?

Thanks in advance.
I don't know the difference between the 2. one may be bulk packaged? I would confidently go with the cheaper of the 2.

Reactions: FoggDogg and Lady01
JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From the Q&A for the less expensive one;

The 24117-01 is UL listed, and the rating is stated as 65 A continuous. The (plain) 24117 is not UL listed, and the rating is stated as 85 A continuous. I don't know, but I would guess these are identical. The UL listing requirements are very specific about temperature rise and such things.

My guess is the difference between the two is 15 bucks and a UL sticker, with the cheaper one being UL listed. Go figure.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!