BOX1

P500 Coolant drain

D

Duckhunt

What's the easiest way to drain coolant you boys have found? Just separate one of the hoses from tubes underneath? Is there a particular one you recommend? Thanks.

I should buy a service manual, but I have a "same" Foreman 500 manual which covers all engine stuff just these few other procedures I'm debating if it's worth it!

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Cool, good luck with it and let us know! I am interested in the gear changes you made, and I think more HP is required to make it work properly. And you are right, the way to drain the antifreeze is disconnecting a hose underneath

Reactions: Mudder and Duckhunt
M

MattG

Dec 30, 2020
Chester NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Guys , I'm refilling my coolant in a pioneer 1000 because I got to stick up in the engine area and it pulled one of the hoses off . I've heard people mention getting the air out of the lines but nobody's told me exactly how and I was wondering if you guys could tell me

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Guys , I'm refilling my coolant in a pioneer 1000 because I got to stick up in the engine area and it pulled one of the hoses off . I've heard people mention getting the air out of the lines but nobody's told me exactly how and I was wondering if you guys could tell me
I've seen it posted on the forum several times. Fill it. Raise the front end up in the air a couple of feet. Run it to cycle the coolant and purge the air while elevated and continuing to add fluid as needed. IIRC. But you can search and find the actual threads on it pretty easy.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I believe there is also a bleeder screw on the metal pipe just off the cylinder head.

Reactions: Mudder
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Some folks use car ramps to elevate the front end and confident with some playing around you'll get all the air out....

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!