P1000 Coolant drainage out of reservoir

T

Tma

Dec 22, 2022
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When plowing snow in low range, coolant drains out of reservoir overflow line. It doesn’t overheat and the indicator doesn’t come on. The coolant is not over filled. What would cause this? And what is the solution? Thank you

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you sure its coming from the overflow? In my case the lower hose on the coolant bottle was leaking because they used a cheap wire clip

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When plowing snow in low range, coolant drains out of reservoir overflow line. It doesn’t overheat and the indicator doesn’t come on. The coolant is not over filled. What would cause this? And what is the solution? Thank you
It’s not really a reservoir, but an expansion tank. How full are you filling the tank? Shouldn’t be much more than 1/2 way if I remember correctly.

Are you sure it’s pushing out the top tube and not leaking out of the bottom?

T

Tma

Dec 22, 2022
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s not really a reservoir, but an expansion tank. How full are you filling the tank? Shouldn’t be much more than 1/2 way if I remember correctly.

Are you sure it’s pushing out the top tube and not leaking out of the bottom?
Filled to the fill line which is half way roughly. I seen it happen. Running through the top tube

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
J

Johnny5isalive

Dec 11, 2023
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
does it leak through skid plate by oil drain plug?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!