P1000m5 Coolant flush and refill

Dubfab

Dubfab

Sep 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry if this is a repeat question.
i barely get to ride my Sxs but I do all my maintenance. I want to flush out the old coolant and I am having trouble finding the procedure or bleed procedure when filling up.
Can anyone help out with this

pictures and a procedure will help me out

thanks

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sorry if this is a repeat question.
i barely get to ride my Sxs but I do all my maintenance. I want to flush out the old coolant and I am having trouble finding the procedure or bleed procedure when filling up.
Can anyone help out with this

pictures and a procedure will help me out

thanks
I never found a procedure, after 6 years I just drained both coolant lines while replacing the skid plate. There is a 10mm headed drain bolt in 2 different metal coolant lines that run parallel to each other after removal of the skid plate. I drained both of those and let it drip overnight. I suctioned out all of the coolant in the overflow jug, reinstalled both drain plugs, then filled the radiator to the top with 50/50 blue Asian engine coolant and the coolant jug 3/4 full. I got it up to 2 bars on the temp, then let it sit overnight and cool off figuring as it cooled it would pull coolant out of the overflow jug back into the radiator. I never had to add any coolant and it went to the TO, rode over 160 miles and never got over two bars.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!