P1000m5 COPS tune warning - ATS - Zach Morris

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking at the single tune w/ ATS hand held device and the single tune PV3 package. Is the only difference between the two the hand held device used to run the tune? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I caution you from buying from this company. Just reading over the terms should be all the red flags you need.
There is a slue of people who bought and never seen their product even after the 1/2 year order wait period.

The "ATS" tuner is a rebranded PowerGate 3 from Powergate3 - Alientech Tools
Seeing how COPS works. I guarantee it's locked down so you to the highest degree forcing you to return to them for any assistance.
Problem is, they don't offer any after-sales assistance. Just pre-sales help up until you hit pay.

I'm not saying they don't have good products. There are a few people very pleased with their tunes from them.
If you buy, order with whichever credit card offers the best protection against botched purchases.

Last edited:
Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow! I had no idea. Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: Rayger143
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I caution you from buying from this company. Just reading over the terms should be all the red flags you need.
There is a slue of people who bought and never seen their product even after the 1/2 year order wait period.

The "ATS" tuner is a rebranded PowerGate 3 from Powergate3 - Alientech Tools
Seeing how COPS works. I guarantee it's locked down so you to the highest degree forcing you to return to them for any assistance.
Problem is, they don't offer any after-sales assistance. Just pre-sales help up until you hit pay.

I'm not saying they don't have good products. There are a few people very pleased with their tunes from them.
If you buy, order with whichever credit card offers the best protection against botched purchases.
Well said.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I assume Hess is the best way to go for the average guy looking for performance upgrades without any industry insider connections.

Reactions: Plumber32
Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Copy that. Really looking for a little more bottom end and mid range gains to make up for going to the 28” Mudder Inlaws. I ended up going with the Hess custom tune. Thanks for the info gentlemen!

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If those guys are still on FB, you've gotta read a few threads where they're doing "customer service" on someone.

That's all you'll need to know about dealing with them.

My favorite was when they were threatening to call the cops and press charges for credit fraud on a guy that wanted a refund. 🤡

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For a product they didn't even deliver, btw. lol. They were going after him "with law enforcement" for not waiting months and months.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wouldn’t buy a factory sealed bottle of water from them for a penny if I was dying of dehydration in the middle of a desert with gold bars received from a Nigerian prince in my pockets from replying to that one email in my spam folder.

In my humble opinion….phuck those phucking phuckers!

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I've reached out to them recently regarding a tune with absolutely no response. I did get in touch with one of the brothers who referred me to the other as they had split business ties. Sounds like a mess and something to steer clear of

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
If those guys are still on FB, you've gotta read a few threads where they're doing "customer service" on someone.

That's all you'll need to know about dealing with them.

My favorite was when they were threatening to call the cops and press charges for credit fraud on a guy that wanted a refund. 🤡
Feel free to post some of the best screen shots for future reference.

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would go with Florida Cracker Performance. I got a stage 2 tune on mine and it’s a different machine! Trust me. You can find him on FB.

I saw a post from a while back where someone said that Cracker wasn’t doing tunes or was extremely back logged, essentially not getting tunes out so I didn’t even look him up until AFTER I ordered the Hess tune. Wishing I would have reached out to Cracker first because his FB page seems to indicate that he’s doing tunes and cheaper than Hess as well

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I saw a post from a while back where someone said that Cracker wasn’t doing tunes or was extremely back logged, essentially not getting tunes out so I didn’t even look him up until AFTER I ordered the Hess tune. Wishing I would have reached out to Cracker first because his FB page seems to indicate that he’s doing tunes and cheaper than Hess as well

The guy is based in my area and people seem to really like him. He is supposedly getting tunes out in a day or two turn around

H

HondaTech

So I assume Hess is the best way to go for the average guy looking for performance upgrades without any industry insider connections.

Hess is a joke to work with as well.
All of there stuff is done off site by someone else and we quit fooling wth them because even after they sell you something they dont back up the information they themselves told you.

Edit: If anyone payed attention to the 12 hour race this weekend that orignally was suppose to beat Texplex. Hess finished 2nd overall in pro. But only because he's got ppei and a couple of fast drivers working on the car now.

Last edited:
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Feel free to post some of the best screen shots for future reference.
I ditched fascistbook a few years ago - but come to think of it, the guy they were threatening with law enforcement was telling his story here on the forums.

He had placed an order for something backordered everywhere, those clowns told him they could get one, marked it up $100, and then didn't deliver.

I think it was an LE front axle.

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Since I ordered the Hess over the weekend and have not received a tracking number, I requested an order cancellation. I picked up a Pv3 from Reds Off-road so I can have FL Cracker write a tune for me. Thanks for the input gentlemen

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!