P500 Cost of First Warranty Maintenance???

RobbieS

RobbieS

Nov 26, 2016
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I would like to know what others have paid for their first warranty service for a P-500.

I'd like to be prepared before I schedule at the dealer.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: AlR
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
when I bought my 500 I asked they said it would run between $150.00-200.00 ,They wouldn't budge on the price of the sxs but they would throw the first service in on the deal.

RobbieS

RobbieS

Nov 26, 2016
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I got an estimate of $350 over the phone.

Does that seem about right?

Seems pretty high to me, but that's why I am asking...I don't trust the dealers.

sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
I would like to know what others have paid for their first warranty service for a P-500.

I'd like to be prepared before I schedule at the dealer.

Thanks in advance!
At my dealership it was 390
In Wisconsin..
Didn't know the cost at first but it will make me at least change the oil myself next time
Not sure about my comfort of the value adjustment
There are very great people on this forum that will happy to help you on any maintenance question
If you do a search on the things they do on the first time maintenance it isn't a half hour gig especially when dealers charge 100 an hour
Good Luck with it..

Reactions: RobbieS
RobbieS

RobbieS

Nov 26, 2016
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
At my dealership it was 390
In Wisconsin..
Didn't know the cost at first but it will make me at least change the oil myself next time
Not sure about my comfort of the value adjustment
There are very great people on this forum that will happy to help you on any maintenance question
If you do a search on the things they do on the first time maintenance it isn't a half hour gig especially when dealers charge 100 an hour
Good Luck with it..
I guess my $350 estimate would be in the ballpark. I just want to get the first one done by the dealership so there's no question the warranty is still valid. Like you, after the first one, I'll be doing it myself. I found some great references and pictures on how to do most of the maintenance. Thanks.

sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
I guess my $350 estimate would be in the ballpark. I just want to get the first one done by the dealership so there's no question the warranty is still valid. Like you, after the first one, I'll be doing it myself. I found some great references and pictures on how to do most of the maintenance. Thanks.
No problem
No problem .,
Like I mention these guys rock with knowledge..
I can't think of a issue that couldn't be answered..
By the way WELCOME!!!

Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
First I must say, warranty work costs nothing. But it seems you are talking about first service.
I did my own. But the prices you all listed seem high. Just had mine in shop for some problems I caused with water. They dropped and drained fuel tank. Extended tank breather up higher. removed and cleaned fi throttle body. Did valve adjustment and changed plug. $200.

H

HondaTech

Damm boys, we're cheap. We charge $180 for 1st service.
And just an fyi, the 1st service wont guarantee you to get warranty work done, it's just something our Service reps always ask about if your unit happens to have issues that involve engine trouble. This just gives them a benchmark on mileage usage and stuff. I've never had a rep. deny work because the 1st service wasn't done. It's really just a scare tactic dealers use to get you bring it back. Valves on a P500 arent much more involved than a 500 Foreman. It takes longer to get to them then it does to adjust. I can do a full service on P500 with valve adjustment in approx 2 hours on our 2 post lift. I'm paid hourly so it doesnt pay to me to get done quicker or not. If you multi task (wash air filter while oil is draining, then let filter dry while you adj valves/clutch, etc) you can get alot done in a short period of time. Most of our other techs don't like me cause I make them look bad. ;-) Not to toot my own horn or anything, I just hate standing around.

advertisement
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
The parts only for my complete service was ~ $65 which included 4 quarts of GN4, oil filter, air filter and Honda differential fluid. This complete service took me about 2 hours..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!