tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the pics
Your files won't work for me as I have a 3 position 4wd shifter. But you have given me an idea
I'm sorry they won't work, but hope you can make something that helps.I tried some neoprene material for the 4wd shifter and it just wasn't the best. It worked for it because you don't shift it very much. The material Montana used works very well but I never asked him what it was particularly. I would rather just buy some replacements from him. He was a big asset to all us winter riders and it's very unfortunate he quit making them.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is that inside of there, is that how they come from Honda or is that something you did?
That is factory original
It looks like a piece of rubber, maybe 1/16" thick with a slit cut for the shifter. When new the rubber actually sat flat and sealed the hole. With age it has lost its memory and now is spread open. I have thought of using some sort of snow brush or foam behind the rubber to keep it from falling down/back into the abyss. or could you use 2 pcs of rubber that overlap?

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That is factory original
It looks like a piece of rubber, maybe 1/16" thick with a slit cut for the shifter. When new the rubber actually sat flat and sealed the hole. With age it has lost its memory and now is spread open. I have thought of using some sort of snow brush or foam behind the rubber to keep it from falling down/back into the abyss. or could you use 2 pcs of rubber that overlap?
Hmmm... with the material I use it would probably do the same thing over time.

Reactions: Remington and ChadD
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I think I have one of the last covers that @Montana made.
I ordered mine 09 NOV 2021. Shipped out to me on 13 DEC 2021. Zero issues. I ordered an extra (spare) pre-cut rubber gasket, too.

Reactions: Vikes79
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!