Cover SXS while trailering (open trailer)

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Just curious if anyone uses any type of cover on their Pioneer when trailering it on an open trailer? I'm not necessarily concerned about anything in particular (e.g., windshield), but just curious if others use a cover or just go commando. If you do use a cover, which one? Clearly, it would need to be durable. Thanks!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nope! Been trailering without a cover since 16’ with the P1 and with the Talon.
Honda made a “trailerable” cover at one time. (The only one ive ever seen or heard of for the P1) They stopped making it a year later cuz A it cost a mint and B knowbody wanted one and didnt find the need.
There was a thread a very short while ago, a dude on here was adamant about getting one and couldnt even find a used one. I dont think he ever did. He really didnt have any trust in the machine on an open trailer no matter how many positive things we had to say 🤷‍♂️

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you use a cover, it will just act like sandpaper on the machine, unless it and the machine are extremely clean.

at least that’s been my experience with car covers, hood protectors ect.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!