Cp-Carrillo piston install

H

HondaJake

Apr 26, 2019
Florence Oregon
Ownership

1. Talon R
Ordered these cp pistons from Jackson Racing and noticed when I was unboxing them that there is no reference mark on the intake side. Any ideas? Thanks

IMG 0325 IMG 0326 IMG 0327 IMG 0324 IMG 0152 IMG 0153

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I can't answer your question but is that turbo damage? :oops: What boost numbers?

Reactions: Smitty335
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
H

HondaJake

Apr 26, 2019
Florence Oregon
Ownership

1. Talon R
Finally cp answered the phone. The wider reliefs are the intake side. This customer decided to put Force-Turbos exhaust on the Jackson Turbo setup. Ate the front piston but the back is perfect. Yes it killed the block too.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Finally cp answered the phone. The wider reliefs are the intake side. This customer decided to put Force-Turbos exhaust on the Jackson Turbo setup. Ate the front piston but the back is perfect. Yes it killed the block too.
I didnt know @CumminsPusher made pistons🤔😂

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Wow, that is a lot of damage. Is that exhaust not compatible with the turbo? (Sorry, I don't know anything about their exhaust). I didn't expect that much damage due to a slip-on system and was interested in how it does that much damage. Thanks

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just an FYI for you turbo guys...... It's very common in boosted Talon engines to do that unless they are properly set up and tuned. The head is sort of a POS and #1 and #2 cylinders run like two completely different engines due to the distinct difference in flow characteristics of the intake ports in the cylinder head. It can be helped some with a proper tune from a reputable tuner (I recommend PPEI) but will do the same thing again if put back together stock. The cylinder right against the firewall runs hotter due to the port design and lack of airflow around the front cylinder and head because of the firewall and that doesn't help things either. The Africa Twin head has a way better port design and flows much more evenly between the two but doesn't bolt onto a Talon engine without custom parts.

The aftermarket exhaust had little to nothing to do with what happened to the engine.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Just an FYI for you turbo guys...... It's very common in boosted Talon engines to do that unless they are properly set up and tuned. The head is sort of a POS and #1 and #2 cylinders run like two completely different engines due to the distinct difference in flow characteristics of the intake ports in the cylinder head. It can be helped some with a proper tune from a reputable tuner (I recommend PPEI) but will do the same thing again if put back together stock. The cylinder right against the firewall runs hotter due to the port design and lack of airflow around the front cylinder and head because of the firewall and that doesn't help things either. The Africa Twin head has a way better port design and flows much more evenly between the two but doesn't bolt onto a Talon engine without custom parts.

The aftermarket exhaust had little to nothing to do with what happened to the engine.
Thanks for the info....I need to push some engine mods up on my list of things to do. Since I will not be getting rid of the boost, actually looking to boost another Talon, I need to stop rolling the dice and get some pistons in her! And I kind of run it hard so that doesn't help things either!🤪

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks for the info....I need to push some engine mods up on my list of things to do. Since I will not be getting rid of the boost, actually looking to boost another Talon, I need to stop rolling the dice and get some pistons in her! And I kind of run it hard so that doesn't help things either!🤪

Look up Bell Engines on FB and give Greg a call. He knows all the ins and out of boosted Talon engines and will get you going in the right direction.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!