BOX1 - TEST

P1000 Crank code

Z

Zoomzoom

Dec 30, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Putting in new rods. Spun the rod bearing at 8k miles. What would be easiest way to see the stamped code on the crank? I don't want to pull the engine. I pulled the rods. My rods are stamped as 2 with a B on each. Is the B my outer diameter crankpin id or just a generic stamping?

Reactions: Lady01
test - test -test
H

HondaTech

The scribed lines on the one end of the rod is code for the rod size.

The only way to see the crank code is to remove it, we've tried every way to see the codes on the crank weight.

Since there is only options for the given rod size, you could order all 3 and plastigauge them to see which one has the correct clearance. This should be done regardless if youve got both codes.

Honda also marks the size of the bearings with paint on the edges. Perhaps their is some left and you could get the right size from that.

Reactions: TripleB and Lady01
test - test -test test - test -test test - test -test test - test -test
BOX2
box3 - TEST

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!