P1000 Help with identifying code and my problem

S

Sheriff

Apr 2, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello all,
Don't have a lot of time on my P1000 yet.
Yesterday at camp for a holiday weekend trip to finally get some time on it and I have a problem.

It seems stuck in first gear....It is not the seatbelt but it does seem similar.
It appears to be flashing a check engine code of 8 and 1.

As I said, not much time on this yet. Thats about all I can tell you but I can try and answer any questions you have that might help diagnose this issue.
Idles and moves fine in reverse or loading on trailer for home.

Thank you all in advance for reading and trying to help.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sounds like a code 81. 1st check and make sure all fuses are good. If they are, disconnect negative side of battery for about 10 minutes. Reconnect the battery, if it isn't cleared I think an 81 has to do with the Throttle Position Sensor. If it comes back on I would either go to the dealer or contact @Hondasxs. He is very knowledgeable and has a service manual. The machine is probably in "limp" mode due to the code.

Reactions: Mudwing
Swampmonkey

Swampmonkey

Jan 17, 2019
Al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine did that back in June at the camp. Took it to the dealer and it ended up being a speed sensor.

S

Sheriff

Apr 2, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok, FOUND IT.
Don't know why yet.
Maybe someone here can help with that now.

I bought 2 small LED pods to act as reverse lights.
Bought the adaptor plug here to direct wire in. Used a OTRATTW switch so it would be automatically on when put in reverse or the other throw of switch they would come on anytime. Saw YouTube video on this....
It worked perfectly the first time we used it spring gobbler hunting.
Yesterday something happened and I dont know what. Normal operation, no bad terrain or crap you know, and tonight I found LEDs stayed on. Not functioning how they should.

IDEAS?
Ground maybe....???
Switch was wired well with solder and heat shrink. Still looks perfect back there.
LED end too.
So seems like something in between.

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I would unplug LED lights from the harness, take ground off for 10 mins. put ground back on and see if problem is gone.

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!