BOX1

P500 Crappy Honda Windshield

Roadwizard

Roadwizard

Jun 18, 2022
New Brunswick
Ownership

1. 520
I made a bad mistake and bough optical grade windshield (2 months old) not realizing how poor quality it was. I used to own a ranger(3 years) and bought the cheapest windshield they offered and it was great. Does anybody know if Honda sells replacement hard coat tilt out windshield and re use the hardware?

Bob

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I made a bad mistake and bough optical grade windshield (2 months old) not realizing how poor quality it was. I used to own a ranger(3 years) and bought the cheapest windshield they offered and it was great. Does anybody know if Honda sells replacement hard coat tilt out windshield and re use the hardware?

Bob

I believe the hardware and everything is totally different between the optical grade and the hardcoat. If I were to do it again I'd just bite the bullet and go glass. And that's only running a full shield in the winter.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Bob
I would do what @trigger said, or pm @SuperATV and get a club discount on one for there nice hardcoat flip’s. Good luck on getting separate Parts for the Honda signature.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
I made a bad mistake and bough optical grade windshield

What Trigger said <>If I were to do it again I'd just bite the bullet and go glass.

Skip trying to reuse hardware ( not cost effective ) <> Purchase Winshield <> USE the HARDWARE thai COMES WITH the New Windhield.

Honda hardcoat winshield is nice <> 4yrs.on 2018 P500 & still good ( Elect wiper & washer )
Went Glass on P520 ( wiper & washer ) <> WILLNOT go back to plastic
Fyi: Hardcoat & Glass not that far apart $$$ Cost.

Last edited:
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Hi,

I've been happy with my hard coat Honda windshield.

I have thought long and hard about getting a glass windshield, but wonder about the lack of ventilation and the added weight. I also think that the frame might block some visibility. The hard coat is basically frameless.

Anyone know the difference in weight?

Rob

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
sXswindshields - P500 - Honda 500 Full Glass Windshield
Links and phone number in post #1 Fred is a great guy.
BTW early photos from 2019 of my windshield post #45
Never seen the EMP windshield, but I have their aluminum roof and they produce quality products, however if shipping costs are added on, with you in Washington and sXs in Utah shipping may be less than EMP from Ohio.

M

MacGyver

Dec 27, 2018
Nw Ontario
Ownership

1. 500
I too made the mistake of buying the Honda signature windshield $600+. Ended up cutting out a section and gluing in a piece of 6mm safety glass to the plastic. Way better and I can scrape the ice off with no issue and I installed a manual wiper. I also still have the ability to flip it up.
However, when I need to replace this glass, I'll include a small aluminum frame riveted or bolted to the old plastic to stiffen it a bit as the urethane adhesive has started to let go from the plastic due to the flexing /freezing and just plain abuse.

Reactions: Jerryg
Roadwizard

Roadwizard

Jun 18, 2022
New Brunswick
Ownership

1. 520
Great idea I kept my old one but got a Lexan Hard coat from Flex a Fab and used old hardware it is a lot clearer than Honda one was new. So I learned a valuable lesson cheap is not always best but ok now.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!