Cub Cadet SxS's?

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just went by our local Fleet Supply Store the other day where they sell Cub Cadet everything and noticed there were a couple new Cub Cadet SxS's out in the lot. There must not be much interest in Cub Cadet SxS's to where there is actual in stock inventory of them? Any comments?

Reactions: TxDoc
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I just went by our local Fleet Supply Store the other day where they sell Cub Cadet everything and noticed there were a couple new Cub Cadet SxS's out in the lot. There must not be much interest in Cub Cadet SxS's to where there is actual in stock inventory of them? Any comments?
They need a belly mower attachment?

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
They used to sell them here but they seemed plagued with small problems and they stopped selling them. There were several models and looked good but I sat in a couple and they seemed cramped I'm 6ft 188 lbs.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think they're made by one of those companies you'll see under a lot of brand names (Massimo, Tracker, etc.)

Big-box store UTVs

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think they're made by one of those companies you'll see under a lot of brand names (Massimo, Tracker, etc.)

Big-box store UTVs
Cub Cadet used to be a high quality machine years ago, at least in lawn tractors. But seems like their quality has gone downhill in the last 5 to 10 years. At that Fleet Supply store during the summer months there are usually alot of used/owned Cub Cadet mowers out in the lot waiting for repairs. I think Hisun or something like that is also a lookalike brand for Cub Cadet SxS"s.

Reactions: Smitty335

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Cub Cadet used to be a high quality machine years ago, at least in lawn tractors. But seems like their quality has gone downhill in the last 5 to 10 years. At that Fleet Supply store during the summer months there are usually alot of used/owned Cub Cadet mowers out in the lot waiting for repairs. I think Hisun or something like that is also a lookalike brand for Cub Cadet SxS"s.
It's been a long, long time since Cubs were worth a darn. They were bought by MTD in the 80's. When I was in the OPE business we said MTD stands for "Made To Die".

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, I have a restoration project (currently mothballed) on a '76 Cub Cadet that I should be back on in the next year or so.

Cub Cadets were originally the garden tractor division of International Harvester. They were *real* small tractors. Everything post 1980 or so was just a big-box store lawn mower you could sit on wearing the Cub name.

advertisement
Cessna 150-150

Cessna 150-150

May 15, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
P1K5Dave is correct. When International Harvester built the Cub Cadets they were real, honest to God, small tractors with a steel frame, engine, transmission and rear end AND they were all metal. The only belt they used was to drive the mower deck. I bought one new and owned it and used it for decades until I needed something much larger and then I converted it into a tug to move my planes around. Those old Cubs were rock solid machines and it served me well.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!