100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m more than likely going to sell the 500 and use the money to enclose my cab on the 1000 and buy Camso tracks for the Idaho snow.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
How do they feel at that speed?
Not that good. When you hear about all the loose nuts and bolts, out of alignment and other problems these things have because of s***ty dealer prep, I can’t help thinking about something failing at that speed whenever I’m doing it (which isn’t very often) and a wreck at that speed in a SXS is most likely nothin nice......

Reactions: SLOWPOKE693
Jaybee1013

Jaybee1013

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You for sure have to be careful at top speed. Speaking of dealers doing s&$#ty prep, when I was installing my winch and removing the front bumper they cross threaded one bolt and over tightened another rounding the hex end. Needless to say I had fun removing them without causing more damage, and had to replace them.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You for sure have to be careful at top speed. Speaking of dealers doing s&$#ty prep, when I was installing my winch and removing the front bumper they cross threaded one bolt and over tightened another rounding the hex end. Needless to say I had fun removing them without causing more damage, and had to replace them.
Seeeeeeee...🤷‍♂️

p1000-5

p1000-5

Mar 11, 2021
ON, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First ride ever we had ours up to 108 km/h (about 67mph), hit 109 (68mph) up north with maybe a slight hill and it cut back
I know, probably not recommended in the break-in manual... can't help myself, I like to go fast.🤭

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Not that good. When you hear about all the loose nuts and bolts, out of alignment and other problems these things have because of s***ty dealer prep, I can’t help thinking about something failing at that speed whenever I’m doing it (which isn’t very often) and a wreck at that speed in a SXS is most likely nothin nice......
Personally I don't trust anybody working on my stuff except me. First thing I did when I got my new Talon home was to check all the fluids and nut and bolt the entire car.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Personally I don't trust anybody working on my stuff except me. First thing I did when I got my new Talon home was to check all the fluids and nut and bolt the entire car.
Every bolt......🤔
You do that to your cars too?
Guess that’s a way to be certain....👍
Even still, anything else goes wrong at 65 in a SXS, a deer runs out, a car pulls out right in front of you, a wreck in a SXS at 65 is probably lights out...

Reactions: stobiadas
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Every bolt......🤔
You do that to your cars too?
Guess that’s a way to be certain....👍
Even still, anything else goes wrong at 65 in a SXS, a deer runs out, a car pulls out right in front of you, a wreck in a SXS at 65 is probably lights out...
An airplane might drop out of the sky and kill you while your driving around in your SxS. Better sell it and stay in the house for the rest of your life just in case. 🤔

I'm a mechanic by trade and have been doing it for 25+ years. I check everything on the stuff I own. When I bought my new trailer a few months ago I pulled all 4 wheels and checked all the brakes and re gresased all the bearings. My Talon was pulled apart at 60 miles and basically rebuilt from the ground up for racing. Yes, I touched every nut and bolt on that car to ensure anything that could happen from then on is 100% on me.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!