GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That is sweet! You have mad skills. Do you still have it? Bring it to the next group event!

You used the right words to describe what you did to create this: design and fabricate. But one could also say you built it.

Design
Fabricate
Create
Make
Manufacture
Construct
Build
Assemble

Certain words only have a single meaning, while others are interchangeable. Not ALL of those words (above) can be interchanged, but several can. But I'm not telling you anything you don't already know ... 😀

Some folks don't seem to grasp the concept that a word can have multiple meanings - sometimes similar meanings, sometimes not. They might benefit by looking up the word polysemy.
The guy that hurt your feelings really builds race Talons…with parts made from scratch by him. Maybe just let it go. You probably irritated him with a comment or something.

GovtMule

GovtMule

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How about you just shut up and let it go? Nobody hurt anybodys feelings. And I'm not impressed or intimidated by your nonsense.
“If” you are referring to me I’m neither trying to impress nor intimidate you. I was merely suggesting that you let it go. It might help you.

GovtMule

GovtMule

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Grow up and stop the repeated negative posts. You know exactly what you're doing.
You have literally b****ed countless times about how your “build thread” is a “build” because of what someone said. It gets pointed out to you (by not only me) and you tell me to not be negative…

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
You have literally b****ed countless times about how your “build thread” is a “build” because of what someone said. It gets pointed out to you (by not only me) and you tell me to not be negative…
Just let it go, man. Most everybody else has. Move on and post about other things. I have. Life is too short!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
We don't s*** in stock.

Nothing offroad really last here.

Sold 58 units last month, 3rd in district
1st and 2nd had double our inventory
The dealer had my Pioneer 1 day before I called (blind) and bought it. The Talon was still hot off the truck.

Reactions: ChadD
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
We don't have s*** for SXS in stock.

Nothing offroad really last here.

Sold 58 units last month, 3rd in district
1st and 2nd had double our inventory
The dealer had my Pioneer 1 day before I called (blind) and bought it. The Talon was still hot off the truck.
I walked in and asked if the dealer I purchased the Pioneer from had one and they had a truck in the door unloading mine. There was another couple there who had driven in to buy it when I bought it. Just happened to be in the right place. Forum was saying none to be had. I'm glad I bought it. I've seen a few around recently, but they never seem to hang around. Fairfield seems to make short order of any SXS they receive.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Stopped in one of my local Honda dealers for some oil and filters. They had a grand total of 4 Pioneers, all 700s (prominently displayed outside). Showroom was stuffed with all manner of other makes and models.

Seems all other manufacturers are striving to innovate and expand in a white-hot market, while Honda stagnates and appears to do virtually nothing.
Someone brought up a good point this past weekend about wondering the age of the typical Pioneer buyer. Makes ya think . . .

Will lee have his same job in a few years? Not funny, really.

Hope to hell that Honda has something up their sleeve to reveal soon. But we've been holding out that false hope for years; and I daresay before the four years ago when I came into the fold. I guess I'll just have to hope they continue making parts for what I have; then I'll buy something else like so many on this forum have done. So discouraging . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: CID
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stopped in one of my local Honda dealers for some oil and filters. They had a grand total of 4 Pioneers, all 700s (prominently displayed outside). Showroom was stuffed with all manner of other makes and models.

Seems all other manufacturers are striving to innovate and expand in a white-hot market, while Honda stagnates and appears to do virtually nothing.
Someone brought up a good point this past weekend about wondering the age of the typical Pioneer buyer. Makes ya think . . .

Will lee have his same job in a few years? Not funny, really.

Hope to hell that Honda has something up their sleeve to reveal soon. But we've been holding out that false hope for years; and I daresay before the four years ago when I came into the fold. I guess I'll just have to hope they continue making parts for what I have; then I'll buy something else like so many on this forum have done. So discouraging . . .
Or the other way to look at it is that Honda is betting that the majority of the market doesn’t want a SXS that costs equal or more than the minivan parked in the driveway….and they are focusing more on the bottom side of the market that most everyone has abandoned. IE steady eddy until it’s determined if the growth is really there or just side effects of covid dollars.

As much as I’d like a Talon, it’s financially stupid for me to own something that can’t earn it’s keep at my home…I’ll rent one for the few days I might actually be able to drive it meaningful. My P1k5 I can at least qualify its existence.

I’d venture a guess that the great majority of buyers are like me or are in the process of learning this financial reality…if they haven’t already.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took me 6 Mo of off and on searching. Drove by dealer and seen one sitting out front (Sold of course) but they had one in the back they had not assembled so I jumped on it. Not a deal by any means but I have one. 1 1/2 years later and it only has 100 miles on it. expected to use it considerably more than I have. Talon looks fun but cant justify another machine.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Talon looks fun but cant justify another machine.
Justify? What does THAT mean? 😄

My admittedly poor financial advice includes three statements:

You only live once.
You can't take it with you.
Buy the toy/golf clubs/gun/SXS/car/truck/whatever.

Before anybody complains, I'm kidding ... mostly ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!