Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Better yet, can you make your build thread the best ever. We can just ooooh and aaaaah over it! (Nomo)
Nobody expects or asks anyone to ooooh or aaaaah. If a thread doesn't intetest someone, they can just move on.

Reactions: Blownzuki and ChadD
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You don't need to mine the ore to produce the steel used to build a car nor fell the tree and mill the wood used to build a house. Unfortunately, some people don't have a very deep grasp of the English language. Those folks often end up with taxpayer-funded jobs, like politicians and such.

View attachment 399025

P.S. - There is a reason @Hondasxs put the word "Builds" in the name of the various sub-forums.
🤦‍♂️...... I'll try and keep my 2 cents short since we don't want to derail this thread and have to clean it up 🙄

Technically.......🤷‍♂️

Are you building furniture when you buy shît from IKEA?......not really, you're assembling it (putting it together)

Are we building our rigs when we just "install/bolt pre made" accessories to it?......not really. Now, when you DIY mods on them, be it an access hatch, storage mod, fab brackets, chop the top, etc, etc......make it "your build" 😉

When we just buy and bolt on a bunch of shît that ANYONE can buy and bolt on and look identical....... lots of people wouldn't consider that a build 🤷‍♂️

Anywheyz........my 2 cents

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Screenshot 20230812 053821 DuckDuckGo

Build: "... by assembling and joining parts ..."

Dictionary.com > $0.02

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 399098

Build: "... by assembling and joining parts ..."

Dictionary.com > $0.02
I like definition #2 "to establish".
First buggy I (helped) design:

I recently posted this in another thread.
This was a collage design competition.
I designed the rear suspension, also fabricated the body.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I like definition #2 "to establish".
First buggy I (helped) design:

View attachment 399129
I recently posted this in another thread.
This was a collage design competition.
I designed the rear suspension, also fabricated the body.
That is sweet! You have mad skills. Do you still have it? Bring it to the next group event!

You used the right words to describe what you did to create this: design and fabricate. But one could also say you built it.

Design
Fabricate
Create
Make
Manufacture
Construct
Build
Assemble

Certain words only have a single meaning, while others are interchangeable. Not ALL of those words (above) can be interchanged, but several can. But I'm not telling you anything you don't already know ... 😀

Some folks don't seem to grasp the concept that a word can have multiple meanings - sometimes similar meanings, sometimes not. They might benefit by looking up the word polysemy.

Reactions: Blownzuki
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
🤦‍♂️...... I'll try and keep my 2 cents short since we don't want to derail this thread and have to clean it up 🙄

Technically.......🤷‍♂️

Are you building furniture when you buy shît from IKEA?......not really, you're assembling it (putting it together)

Are we building our rigs when we just "install/bolt pre made" accessories to it?......not really. Now, when you DIY mods on them, be it an access hatch, storage mod, fab brackets, chop the top, etc, etc......make it "your build" 😉

When we just buy and bolt on a bunch of shît that ANYONE can buy and bolt on and look identical....... lots of people wouldn't consider that a build 🤷‍♂️

Anywheyz........my 2 cents
None of that bolt junk for you. If it ain't a strap-on, you don't want it. 🌈

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That is sweet! You have mad skills. Do you still have it? Bring it to the next group event!

You used the right words to describe what you did to create this: design and fabricate. But one could also say you built it.

Design
Fabricate
Create
Make
Manufacture
Construct
Build
Assemble

Certain words only have a single meaning, while others are interchangeable. Not ALL of those words (above) can be interchanged, but several can. But I'm not telling you anything you don't already know ... 😀

Some folks don't seem to grasp the concept that a word can have multiple meanings - sometimes similar meanings, sometimes not. They might benefit by looking up the word polysemy.
Did you just get your latest issue of Hooked On Phonics or somethin?

NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5

Design
Fabricate
Create
Make
Manufacture
Construct
Build
Assemble

Now that’s just “Gay”.

Ya talking about “polysymetrics” ? That would be creative.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!