100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why doesn’t Honda allow the public or dealers to order machines instead of sending dealers allotments? Seems stupid.

Reactions: ChadD
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Why doesn’t Honda allow the public or dealers to order machines instead of sending dealers allotments? Seems stupid.
Short answer, past 36 months been supply / demand issues. So the manufacturer makes what they can with what parts they can make production runs with. Then that available stock is farmed out via allocation to it's Powerhouse dealerships that are Honda only, and what's left allotted to the other Honda dealers that sells multi lines of other manufacturers.

Toyota has been doing exactly the same thing, we got a RAV4 two years ago and the dealership would give us the list each week of what was made available for them to get, after 3 months of not getting the first choice color the wife wanted she settled on second choice just to get one.

Simply a situation when demand is equal to or greater than supply.

The dealership in Knoxville TN im buying from has about 6 of P700, P1000-3,5 &6 seaters (each) and 8 Talons, at the same time they have over 40 RMAX 1000S on hand they sell $5-7k under MSRP because Yamaha is delivering supply beyond demand. But Hondas are going for MSRP+ destination fees, I negotiated until I got it 2k under that, which was $5k under Southern Honda Powersports in Chattanooga who claims to have best prices in the country. They have notable Honda inventory and are making a killing selling machines with 5k of added fees. They keep inventory by being a Powerhouse Honda dealership.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Short answer, past 36 months been supply / demand issues. So the manufacturer makes what they can with what parts they can make production runs with. Then that available stock is farmed out via allocation to it's Powerhouse dealerships that are Honda only, and what's left allotted to the other Honda dealer that sells multi lines on other manufacturers.

Toyota has been doing exactly the same thing, we got a RAV4 two years ago and the dealership would give us the list each week of what was made available for them to get, after 3 months of not getting the first choice color the wife wanted she settled on second choice just to get one.

Simply a situation when demand is equal to or greater than supply.

The dealership in Knoxville TN im buying from has about 6 of P700, P1000-3,5 &6 seaters and 8 Talons, at the same time they have over 40 RMAX 1000S on hand they sell $5-7k under MSRP because Yamaha is delivering supply beyond demand. But Hondas are going for MSRP+ destination fees, I negotiated until I got it 2k under that, which was $5k under Southern Honda Powersports in Chattanooga who claims to have best prices in the country. They have notable Honda inventory and are making a killing selling machines with 5k of added fees. They keep inventory by being a Powerhouse Honda dealership.
Good for you! Seriously. I got mine from Southern because they had one and I wanted it. Definitely didn't get a great deal but at the time I got one (they were scarce)...moving forward I'll definitely shop around when I look for something else.

540RA

540RA

Not So Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2023
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Good for you! Seriously. I got mine from Southern because they had one and I wanted it. Definitely didn't get a great deal but at the time I got one (they were scarce)...moving forward I'll definitely shop around when I look for something else.

Same here. It took months to finally find a green -6 within a reasonable driving distance (the dealer is 2 hours away), and I had to pay MSRP. I don't regret the purchase one bit, but i will be eating macaroni and cheese instead of ribeyes for a while.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Same here. It took months to finally find a green -6 within a reasonable driving distance (the dealer is 2 hours away), and I had to pay MSRP. I don't regret the purchase one bit, but i will be eating macaroni and cheese instead of ribeyes for a while.
Right now the dozen dealerships around me have several 1000-6 in red and green, even a few camo. I could have bought one of them cheaper than the 1000-5. But wanted to use mine to trail guide with not be "the" tour bus 😁

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
is this different than the OD green of the past?
Yes, here is the older Olive green offered 2016-2022 on and off.
1406F6C2 3F59 429B 8160 BF2D0DB13739

Here is the new Black Forest Green for 2024 Pioneer 1000s much darker green looks even better in person.
2024 P1K5D Black Forest Green

540RA

540RA

Not So Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2023
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Right now the dozen dealerships around me have several 1000-6 in red and green, even a few camo. I could have bought one of them cheaper than the 1000-5. But wanted to use mine to trail guide with not be "the" tour bus 😁
lol...My "tour bus" has carried more coolers than people. So far it has never met a rough trail. It's used on the property, and makes occasional trips to the store, or to the fishing spots.
BTW, my '23 green is the same as the 2016-2022. I really like the darker 2024 green

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
lol...My "tour bus" has carried more coolers than people. So far it has never met a rough trail. It's used on the property, and makes occasional trips to the store, or to the fishing spots.
BTW, my '23 green is the same as the 2016-2022. I really like the darker 2024 green

Yes, 2024 green shade much better IMO

2023 Green -Olive
Screenshot 20240301 112358 Chrome

2024 Green - Black Forest
Screenshot 20240301 113249 Chrome

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!