Cummins Built Not Bought/The Life of Frankie.

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
And here are a couple trim panels that never existed. Not perfect but look pretty good. Trim for the center doors, another missing link completed. I now have everything to make this 4-door a ‘93 LE. Wonder what they’d be worth over on the Cummins site?
Well gotta get the rest of the cab ready to install these. Busy day and I’m working on a bit of a hangover but still trying.
View attachment 261797
Looks great in the pictures!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
New power lock door latches showed up today, factory Dodge stuff. Was surprised to hear they were still available so ordered them up. Mine worked good but new is great. So new strikers and latches for the front doors. with new handles all the way around should be nice. Down to the little things.
Did locate and ordered up strikers for the rear doors but latches aren’t available. They work fine though, probably didn’t get used much being rear doors. I will pull and clean up though.

05079595 F887 487B 96D2 A7D7BE77AD15

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Excellent job, I know it's easy saying this since I'm not involved but you seem to be a lot closer to the finish than the start!
I can see the finish line, first time since I started. I know you’ve done cars and know where I’m at. Lotta details left
but the big crap done. Big deal after paint is done this weekend!

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
I’m eating popcorn 🍿 just waiting with anticipation of what’s it’s going to look like when it’s all said and done I can’t wait
You have done one hell of a job on it CP

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Figured quick update. Yesterday the new front door seals finally showed up so they are in. Was able to finish the front section of trim in the truck. Trim all done.
cab is ready for carpet and seats. Also sound deadener on the floor. Done for a bit on that.

C4CB7F4B 64D5 4C8F A2C0 1627C9613480

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Figured quick update. Yesterday the new front door seals finally showed up so they are in. Was able to finish the front section of trim in the truck. Trim all done.
cab is ready for carpet and seats. Also sound deadener on the floor. Done for a bit on that.

View attachment 262487
Looking good!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 262487
I'm liking the rear window crank. It definitely completes an old truck look for me. You should make that part of the final design.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Need speaks bad here on a minute as door panels and carpet soon. Deck is in and wired to the doors and wiring for sub is ready. Gotta have some beats. Right now only thing I have with good tunes is the Pioneer
Trying to ease up on dollars falling out my ass so didn’t go with Infinity/Rockford Fosgate like I normally do, real bummer but whatever. Plus Infinity didn’t make the 5x7 in a component speaker combo that I want to correctly mount the doors without modifications to the door panels (still trying for that mostly stock look)
After a lot of searching and looking at reviews I pulled the trigger on Rockville 4 5x7” component speaks and 4 1.2” tweets on passive crossovers. Also added a 10” Rockville powered bass tube with remote for simplicity and size under the rear seat. They should make it by install time.
Will update on quality and durability. If not happy I’ll do something else down the road but $190 for everything can’t be too expensive of a mistake.
FFA78625 0DDC 4A03 817F EA21B4621A9C

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok so I screwed up. Sub was 1” shy of going behind the rear seat. Did a bunch of measurements other night without seat in the truck, I was off.
b**** getting the seat into the truck through the skinny tent (poor people problems lol) but got her in to make sure and she was off. this isn’t seat going in but it was the one that came out with correct brackets.
C118E7C2 9FDF 4CF3 A10C 428BC1DB7AA0

so I’m waiting for seller response and hoping they have the Rockville 10” slim instead. Hate screwing up but I hope caught in time.

2E64342F 7077 4AE1 BE76 D3B136FD6383

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Talk about last minute. Just got brakes and power steering bled out. First gen I’ve always struggled with but borrowed a reverse bleeder and got it done quickly this time.
Power steering was a b****, broke my jack and had to man handle the steering wheel back and forth for about 5 min till air burped.
she is completely a driver now, all systems go. Button a couple things up, double check a few bolts, clean up and move my tools and all my crap then she hits the road.
Guess I’m driving to work Friday with no doors, taillights, bed loose and on a bucket for a seat but she’s going!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Railroad ties are more stable than buckets during high speed maneuvers .... according to a friend.
I’ve heard they work too. After some consideration I figure I’ll use my big ass cooler but make sure no empties in it because my chances of being pulled over are much higher then a a BLM and Biden sticker on the back of a Prius in N. Idaho.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!