Custom A-arm guards

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
I'm currently waiting on some tubing to start work on a project for the rear of the Pioneer, so I took a little free time I had tonight to start A-arm guards. We are attending the group ride in Tennessee, and my wife suggested we'd probably want them since its pretty rocky there.

I contemplated using thinner metal, these are 3/16"- but a little weight isn't a big deal, its not a drag racer after all. They should be thick enough to withstand any abuse I can find. Just need to work up some mounts, and draw up a set for the rear now.

Photo115

Photo215

H

hydrantman

Those look good I currently have the universal parts brand that was purchased off of Ebay although i'm going to fab them a little by cutting off the piece near the wheel that deflects both the brake cable and wheel really not needed plus I had to cut my caliper cover, and now had to purchase new covers to replace cut ones, send pic when I'm done. See you in March have my campsite reserved.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
That looks really nice,you do nice work on your stuff .Pride of doing a good job shows on all your fabs. Thanks for the pics.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Binford if you make a bother set and bring it with you I'll buy it.

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
Ohana, I think I can do that. I need to figure out a study clamping system that doesnt require alot of time or custom handwork, but I have a couple ideas in mind that should work.