custom diamond plate roof

R

rlthomas

Oct 6, 2013
Has anyone thought of a custom roof. Made out of diamond plate.

J

Jaykup20

Oct 8, 2013
Re: roof

.... all I can think about is someone playing a saw..... Lol..... Would diamond plate not bow and flex?

R

rlthomas

Oct 6, 2013

No my brother inlaw built one for his can am. Super sturdy of course his is 1/8th in steel.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

http://ftdcabs.com

They make aluminum diamond plate roofs for rangers, I looked at them when I was considering the ranger crew SCHOOLBUS.

I considered calling them and seeing what they would charge for a Pioneer roof.
BUT, I am going to (the wife suggested for use during the winter, she's a keeper) add the Honda cab bits, glass windshield hard mid panel, fabric doors, so I figured everything would fit best from Honda.
Surprisingly the plastic roof is quite sturdy, its fairly thick 3/16' or maybe more and all the contours and corners gives it its strength.
I am going to put the LED light bar I ordered directly on the roof, just like Honda mounts theirs.

R

rlthomas

Oct 6, 2013

Cool I guess I need to see the roof in person. I really like that it will all fit perfectly together. But I was wanting a roof that was strudy enough to stand on. Makes it easy filling up deer feeders. I haven't purchased the pioneer yet but I see one in my near future. I have seen the custom winch brackets and thought maybe somebody has been playing around with the idea.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I would like to see a Black DP roof too. Much like the ftdcabs. that would be sweet.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
rlthomas said:
Cool I guess I need to see the roof in person. I really like that it will all fit perfectly together. But I was wanting a roof that was strudy enough to stand on. Makes it easy filling up deer feeders. I haven't purchased the pioneer yet but I see one in my near future. I have seen the custom winch brackets and thought maybe somebody has been playing around with the idea.

Yeah you probably wouldn't want to stand on the plastic roof not that strong. Maybe ftdcabs would make something for you. I considered trying to shape and weld a DP roof myself. Then decided not to take the chance of having to wait or possibly have to rework it when I put the doors on.

But I think they would look wicked good.

My decision was practicality and laziness. I would rather sped the 400 for the honda and 5 mins putting it on rather that 400 and hours shaping it. I don't plan on using it to carry anything but there are others who will.

Keep us updated if you find one, I might change my mind if it's awesome enough.

R

rlthomas

Oct 6, 2013
I have an idea in my head as to what I want and how I want it to look. I will probably build one when I get the pioneer and post pics.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!