Custom radio

C

cfaunce

Aug 17, 2014
I was wondering if anyone has put a radio in there pioneer yet ? I was thinking of getting a jenson heavy duty radio and a wake board tower speaker so everything is waterproof! Any thoughts?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought the tractor tunes out of cabelas works real well. Plenty loud enough and sounds clear

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
SSV works make a awesome over head stereo with marine speakers and run off a iPod or iPhone. Not sure how much you are wanting to spend it is kinda spendy at $650 but with our experience it's been worth every penny.

Gwishy

Gwishy

Oct 9, 2013
Peru, NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
I struggled with this too due to the expense of a "custom" sound system. I know it sounds corny but I bought a wireless bluetooth speaker from Amazon for $40 and run the music through my phone. I made a mount that straps to the overhead rollbar. By no means does it blast the sound out but perfect for my needs. Nothing like a little Johnny Horton while tooling through the brush!!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gwishy said:
I struggled with this too due to the expense of a "custom" sound system. I know it sounds corny but I bought a wireless bluetooth speaker from Amazon for $40 and run the music through my phone. I made a mount that straps to the overhead rollbar. By no means does it blast the sound out but perfect for my needs. Nothing like a little Johnny Horton while tooling through the brush!!

I've tried a couple of cheap solutions <$100 that just plain did not work at all!

Right now I'm doing what you're doing I waterproofed a Bluetooth speaker and strapped it to the ROPS. Works well for the non hearing impaired, I can't hear it well.

I am going to form some fiberglass and put (4) 6x9's with a name brand head unit. The Bluetooth speaker has to be turned to 11 for me to hear it when going more than 15-20mph (I'm @50% deaf in both ears, use hearing protection my friends! Sunglasses, sunscreen and ear plugs are going to seem like smart decisions as I get older.)

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
S2 1 S2 2
$90 bucks wallyworld. Works great cursing down the trail. Top speeds they get over powered. They are load At least 40 yards clear as a bell.
Now i just have to find the best way to mount them.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have used two different Bluetooth speakers and never was really happy with either. They were fine if I was stopped working on something but while driving, they just didn't cut it. If you really want a stereo I'd say just spend the money on a a real one.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have used two different Bluetooth speakers and never was really happy with either. They were fine if I was stopped working on something but while driving, they just didn't cut it. If you really want a stereo I'd say just spend the money on a a real one.

Only used one BT speaker because I already had it (Bose Soundlink 2 in a Waterproof case) and it's LOUD normally, there's a lot of loud background noise riding, you need some volume and something that doesn't distort at high volumes to be able to "hear" it.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Now I just sing at the top of my lungs while riding. I can always hear that! Ha!

Reactions: bobbyhill
Bryan 22

Bryan 22

Lifetime Member
Jan 8, 2014
Northern Indiana
I bought a Pyle tube speakers with Bluetooth. I think 155.00. mounted it to the back of my roof. all I can say is you can hear it at full speed and its nice and clear.

Reactions: bobbyhill
advertisement
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looks awesome Ohanacreek! I bet that comes in loud and clear

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks awesome Ohanacreek! I bet that comes in loud and clear
Way better than my second attempt with the PYLE marine radio and third attempt with "tractor tunes". Thankfully craigslist was there to help me unload the tractor tunes.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!