P1000 Custom rear panel lol

I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah.. now we just need someone with skillz... they don’t have to be “tight” just something to know the wind and rain off.

I have skillsishhhh lol I use that term loosely lol

Reactions: JTW
jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
Might be better to start with lauan plywood or Masonite etc. Fairly cheap and easy to work with.

Reactions: Rincon and JTW
Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
IMG 1668

They work too.

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Think I

Did you make those doors?

Yes... I have details on how in my garage... Simply used cardboard for template. Transferred template to plywood. Used clear vinyl we use here at my work for insert.

Version 2.0 will be better fitting 2 ply that will sandwich the clear vinyl. If vinyl becomes blurry simply remove 4 screws, 1 from each corner and replace. I will need to cut four frames for this two for each side. I will then roll on herculiner to all panels so that they will last longer.

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Yes... I have details on how in my garage... Simply used cardboard for template. Transferred template to plywood. Used clear vinyl we use here at my work for insert.

Version 2.0 will be better fitting 2 ply that will sandwich the clear vinyl. If vinyl becomes blurry simply remove 4 screws, 1 from each corner and replace. I will need to cut four frames for this two for each side. I will then roll on herculiner to all panels so that they will last longer.

Forgot to add they simply zip tie to the top rops so they can be added or removed at a moments notice. I call it the "redneck all weather package" (patent pending). The doors open lambo style. I have noticed that being attached up top they want to open at speed. If there was a way to attach to the A pillar (windshield bar) of the rops to keep them closed....

Reactions: elkguide
jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
Forgot to add they simply zip tie to the top rops so they can be added or removed at a moments notice. I call it the "redneck all weather package" (patent pending). The doors open lambo style. I have noticed that being attached up top they want to open at speed. If there was a way to attach to the A pillar (windshield bar) of the rops to keep them closed....

Maybe some Velcro tape strategically placed? Might be enough to hold them shut when you drop down your doors and still be able push them open from the inside.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have used corrugated plastic cardboard for part of the cab back on my old Big Red SXS. Works well

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!