P1000 Custom Slip on Exhaust for 1000

G

gonecountry

Mar 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
This is my friend leaving my place with his pioneer 1000 and the custom exhaust he just built
It is an ebay slasher exhaust that another friend ordered for a Xmr renegade 1000 but it didn't fit properly so my friend made a custom adapter and welded in a nut to hold the O2 sensor and mounted it using some homemade brackets

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
That thing sounds mean, not sure about using it on a utility sxs, but will be awesome when Honda brings out their sport sxs. Listening to it go thru the gears is cool.

Reactions: gonecountry and pct
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is my friend leaving my place with his pioneer 1000 and the custom exhaust he just built
It is an ebay slasher exhaust that another friend ordered for a Xmr renegade 1000 but it didn't fit properly so my friend made a custom adapter and welded in a nut to hold the O2 sensor and mounted it using some homemade brackets
Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the forum!

G

gonecountry

Mar 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
This a video he sent me to post for him.

His exhaust is a slasher exhaust originally ordered off of eBay for a renegade 1000 he built a custom flange from
Parts from the auto parts store welded in a nut to screw the O2 sensor into the pipe

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
LOL - one of the things that brought me to Honda was the quieter ride.
But if you like everything else except the quiet.... each to their own.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 1000 is the first machine I've owned that I actually love the stock exhaust note. Quiet down low with just a little growl at upper end. To each his own. Btw for O2 bungs you can go to Autozone and buy a defouler. Cut it off above the threads and ream it out. Same thread pattern as O2 sensor (sparkplug thread). Alot cheaper than buying bungs. Just a fyi.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My neighbors are trees on 2 sides, barn and small pasture on one side, and about 20 acres of pasture on the other. Just the way I like it lol

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
LOL - one of the things that brought me to Honda was the quieter ride.
But if you like everything else except the quiet.... each to their own.

Amen brother, loud does not equal performance. On the trails it just pisses people off, save that noise for the race track.

G

gonecountry

Mar 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Amen brother, loud does not equal performance. On the trails it just pisses people off, save that noise for the race track.
The owner only just installed this yesterday but he does feel it improved responsiveness. He says it revs much faster and in sport mode it seems to pull harder to the top of every gear. No dynos or anything around here to test on. But if he said if it does become to loud to stand, nothing was hacked or cut off of the original muffler and it can always be put back to stock.

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You are correct. Mainly used my last 28 year old fourtrax for hunting. When new it was always quiet and stealthy, but when original muffler burned out, only replacement I could find was a " cobra" muffler. Felt very conspicuous after running down my productive old game trails, much noisier. Used to be would,t even shoot easy grouse because it might possibly spook big game. Am glad my new p1000 deluxe is quiet at trying to sneak thru woods :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!