P500 Cut off switch?

R

Reloder28

Oct 21, 2018
Deer Park, Tx
Ownership

1. 700-2
Have been using these for 10 years on my F250 Super Duty. I never worry about my vehicle being stolen. Of course, it weighs 6500 lbs.
With the Cyclops, at least they can't start it.

Reactions: Smitty335
TerPat

TerPat

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2020
New Mexico
Ownership

1. Talon R
Take what I say with a grain of salt. I own a Talon. Never owned or even had a close look at Pioneer. I have a master switch so I don't have to keep a charger on the battery. I have Hillbilly brake on my brake pedal. Snap a padlock in provided hole. It makes me feel secure when not at home and have machine sitting outside the fifth wheel. At least no one is going to pop it in neutral and push it away to a waiting trailer. Seems most that have been stolen here are taken by pushing them away in dead of night. Lock and chain through wheels and frame will work. Bolt cutter would get it off. Would be extremely difficult to cut the lock on Hillbilly brake. No idea if it would work on Pioneer.

Reactions: Smitty335
B

Bomersteve35

Jan 9, 2021
Portland or
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I like the pad lock idea I know the rear disc brake on the 500 you can get to I little ruff but it does have holes big enough for a padlock. it would lock up all the tires I think thats what I will be doing at evenings. As I dont think you could fit bolt cutters in that area

Reactions: Mudwing
B

BrianM

Aug 14, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Has anyone installed an ignition cut off switch to help prevent having your ride stolen?
If so can you advise on installation and part?
My thoughts are that in addition to a good chain snd lock through the wheel / frame when my pioneer is left when we are fishing.
Thank you ahead of time for any replies!!
Best
I installed one of these on the fuel pump wire between the OEM relay and the fuel pump. Every time you turn on the key you have to press the remote button to activate the remote relay to activate the fuel pump. I was a little worried about the thing failing me sometime so just as a precaution I also wired and inline fuse holder in parallel with the remote relay but didn't put a fuse in it. If the remote ever fails I can bypass it by putting a fuse in the fuse holder and won't have to rewire it on the trail. In case the link doesn't work it's called a 'Logisys RM02 12V 15AMP Relay Kit with Two Remote Controls'.

All5Hondas

All5Hondas

Always Honda
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2019
Mountains
Ownership

1. Talon X
Has anyone installed an ignition cut off switch to help prevent having your ride stolen?
My thoughts are that in addition to a good chain snd lock through the wheel / frame when my pioneer is left when we are fishing.
Best
A hidden gps tracker with movement alert and Hillbilly Brake with lockable padlock when parked and done riding.

B

BrianM

Aug 14, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Here's some ideas. For security at a hotel use a square link security chain. It can't be cut with bolt cutters. A cordless grinder will remove it but that makes a lot of noise for a hotel. Run it under your car, through a trailer hitch 'y' and the frame of your UTV. Use a quality lock like a high end ABUS. Also try to back your trailer up to a tree or a wall or back it up to a curb and put the hitch in a bind. A trailer in a bind can't hardly be disconnected from the hitch. You can't even pull the hitch pin. If you've disabled the UTV then they can't start it to get it off the trailer and if it's like mine it's too heavy to push onto another trailer.

J

Jon63ill

Feb 7, 2021
St louis
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Do not currently own

3. Big Red
Best
Brand: MXRS
4.4 out of 5 stars 702Reviews

Heavy Duty Rocker Toggle Switch 15A 250V 20A 125V SPST 2 Pin ON/Off Switch Metal Bat Waterproof Boot Cap Cover - 6 Pack by MUZHI​

These are the switches I’m using blinkers lights and eventually cutoff. I went with a 12’x7’x7’ enclosed trailer also for my new pioneer 1000-5 a couple of weeks ago.

Robertb52

Robertb52

Feb 13, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
My concern is not so much someone driving it off in my P500, but rather someone stilling my P500 while I am in a hotel. I have had two dirtbikes stole, one cabled to a telephone pole where they cut the cable and the other cabled to a trailer and the trailer hitch locked to the vehicle where they cut the trailer lock and stole the trailer and bike. I am going to hide a tracker in my P500 when I stay in hotel from now on, if I can't prevent a theft I will at least have a chance o retrieving the P500.
Stop staying at those low budget motels (hahaha - just poking fun)

That has always been a concern of mine when trailering my motorcycle. I wonder about maybe putting a wheel lock through the tire and then locking the sxs to the trailer.

advertisement
LightFamily

LightFamily

Feb 8, 2021
Lebanon,PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All you need is toggle switch between the fuse box and the ignition switch. It must be connected to the power ignition wire. They are easy to hide under the hood. Or you can just simply pull out the fuel pump fuse. Either way is easy and quick. And the common thieve doesn't have the smarts to figure it out.

HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Best
Yes, here is what I have. Saw it when a guy at Moab got out of his SXS, and hit his fob.
click here:
30572F42 171E 4721 B6B3 0EADF7EC8895

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I'm more worried about someone climbing into and the machine and breaking into my storage box. That is why I'm looking at something like this. It triggers an alarm if there is movement, and hopefully scares anybody away.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F1T1R9L?tag=sxsweb24-20
I have on on my bicycle, very loud and sensitive, select multiple sounds. 1st bump short alarm, 2 nd bump continuous. Can also use a remote button for a horn sound.

Reactions: papermaker