BOX1

Talon Dealer Pre-Order Responses?

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Well decided to go to the stealership to see if any new news and wanted to put money $500 down ,but was told that we are not taking down payment until January when ever they get pricing first.So i had ask him what if it's not in my price range,can i put the money towards a pioneer or anther Honda ..he said NO.you lose the money.....I wasn't too happy when he said that.So they are not getting money from me and Can Ham is looking more promising for me....Piss me off..Oh ya they estimate around 22-25k CDN for the X and it looks like Canada might not be getting the R version,there are no specs for the R not on there Honda.ca site...

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well decided to go to the stealership to see if any new news and wanted to put money $500 down ,but was told that we are not taking down payment until January when ever they get pricing first.So i had ask him what if it's not in my price range,can i put the money towards a pioneer or anther Honda ..he said NO.you lose the money.....I wasn't too happy when he said that.So they are not getting money from me and Can Ham is looking more promising for me....Piss me off..Oh ya they estimate around 22-25k CDN for the X and it looks like Canada might not be getting the R version,there are no specs for the R not on there Honda.ca site...

That's really dumb that they don't return your down payment or apply it to another vehicle. I'd probably find a new dealer

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I heard from one and he said, you can expect to pay full MSRP (that number was either unknown or not shared) until some units get out there because of supply/demand....

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Just joined the Forum to see what I can learn. I have a deposit on a Red Talon R. Long time relationship so $100 and with the demand I can probably make money if I don’t like it. My dealer sells Polaris and Honda! I’ve been riding Polaris RZR’s but interested in getting away from the CVT and constant maintenance. Looks like a well thought out car.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I asked my local dealership.

Not taking deposits.
They expect to see the first Talon R in the spring
Expect it to cost $20K - $22K.

Side story.
He had a USED 2018 P5 deluxe. He wanted $18,500 for it. He wouldn't budge off the price.
When I told him you guys were reporting new prices much lower than that, he replied "Yeah, but where is that?"
I told him I can drive a long way to save $5000-$6000.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I asked my local dealership.

Not taking deposits.
They expect to see the first Talon R in the spring
Expect it to cost $20K - $22K.

Side story.
He had a USED 2018 P5 deluxe. He wanted $18,500 for it. He wouldn't budge off the price.
When I told him you guys were reporting new prices much lower than that, he replied "Yeah, but where is that?"
I told him I can drive a long way to save $5000-$6000.
He must have lost his mind. I bought a brand new '18 1P5Deluxe little over year ago OTD for $14.6K

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Talked to my dealer in the Soo today, didnt discuss ordering or putting a deposit down. Says he should have pricing next week, expects delivery in late March - early April. He also told me his Honda rep is saying a 4 seater is coming but expects it a year from now, also a factory turbo as an accessory is coming but I'm not sure I believe that. He's going to call me once pricing is set on the 1000X.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Talked to my dealer in the Soo today, didnt discuss ordering or putting a deposit down. Says he should have pricing next week, expects delivery in late March - early April. He also told me his Honda rep is saying a 4 seater is coming but expects it a year from now, also a factory turbo as an accessory is coming but I'm not sure I believe that. He's going to call me once pricing is set on the 1000X.

I think many are interested to hear what the pricing comes in at.

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I think the timeline is off just a little. My dealer attended the Vegas intro and was told that shipping would be in April. Honda orders will go in the 3rd week of March from the dealer and about 2 weeks later Honda will make the allocation. If demand is high dealers will get a fraction of their order. Then they ship. That would put the Talon at mid April unless they decide to make a change to the normal process and that isn’t likely.
I asked about Demo’s or a launch ride and was told that Honda doesn’t have a demo program. They have not announced any kick off events where dealers can ride but will show up at other established events and so more demo rides could take place. There have been a few. At Vegas there were no rides contrary to what dealers were expecting-similar to how Polaris handles things.
My dealer thinks they blew it getting all the hype out 4 months before availability. He’s one of the larger Honda dealers and also Polaris. Polaris uses a big launch like they did with the Turbo S-then use all the free advertising since availability and orders soon follow. Maybe it will still work out....that’s more the way Auto’s are introduced.

Last edited:

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
One reviewer noted that the Talon has Piston Oil Jets a feature usually found on Turbo engines.

Reactions: BWAF and chadbo
HondaProKevin

HondaProKevin

May 19, 2015
Chattanooga TN
www.HondaProKevin.com
Local dealer looks like a small dealer. I asked if bigger dealers get them earlier and said they moved more units than anyone within 100 miles and #4 in region.

A little late to the party on this reply but wanted to answer anyways just in case it helps someone else down the road...

"Bigger" dealers don't technically get special treatment when it comes to new product releases. However, I say "bigger" because you could have one dealer that is technically bigger than the next but the smaller dealer is higher up on the totem pole. What you need to know and what will be the most important thing to find out is not what # they are in their region with their sales etc - you need to know what level dealer they are through Honda which will be 1-5. That is key if you want a Talon quickly. By now though they should have an exact scheduled release date so you'll know whether they are getting pushed back into May and beyond or if they are one of the higher level guys getting them the end of March and first of April.

Hope the info helps bud ;)

Reactions: BWAF and Vondy
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A little late to the party on this reply but wanted to answer anyways just in case it helps someone else down the road...

"Bigger" dealers don't technically get special treatment when it comes to new product releases. However, I say "bigger" because you could have one dealer that is technically bigger than the next but the smaller dealer is higher up on the totem pole. What you need to know and what will be the most important thing to find out is not what # they are in their region with their sales etc - you need to know what level dealer they are through Honda which will be 1-5. That is key if you want a Talon quickly. By now though they should have an exact scheduled release date so you'll know whether they are getting pushed back into May and beyond or if they are one of the higher level guys getting them the end of March and first of April.

Talon - What pricing are you getting quoted/paying for Talon?

I just checked with Brookhaven Honda ...... They expect to have the first 2 in to be used as DEMOS by mid March, possibly within 2 weeks. Then have some to sell by April. At this time they think the X will sell for less than $18K and the R for about $900 more. Pricing will change with factory incentives.

Brookhaven price will be nearly impossible to beat and only a FEW dealers will match them.

#1 in USA ......
Brookhaven Honda is located in Brookhaven, MS. Shop our large online inventory.

Reactions: BWAF
H

HondaTech

This is correct, Powerhouse dealers (the 1-5 you mentioned) will be getting them first with level 5 dealers getting first dibs and AIR on inventory. If your dealer isn't a powerhouse dealer, they'll be at the bottom of the totem pole.

FYI, Powerhouse dealers are Honda only dealerships, so any multi lines will be at a disadvantage.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
My local dealer is scheduled to get a Red R on May 31st.

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
Doc-TEAMWAX

Doc-TEAMWAX

Nov 27, 2018
Wax, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
This is correct, Powerhouse dealers (the 1-5 you mentioned) will be getting them first with level 5 dealers getting first dibs and AIR on inventory. If your dealer isn't a powerhouse dealer, they'll be at the bottom of the totem pole.

FYI, Powerhouse dealers are Honda only dealerships, so any multi lines will be at a disadvantage.
I spoke with my local dealer a few days ago. They are Honda only. He told me his rep says they could possibly see some in late March.???

Reactions: BWAF
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I spoke with my local dealer a few days ago. They are Honda only. He told me his rep says they could possibly see some in late March.???
I'm glad I'm not getting one this year, the wait would be unbearable for me, HA!

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
It would be strange if it was April 1.

DaveM47

DaveM47

Feb 26, 2019
Helena MT
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I put $500.00 down which put me first on the list for the Red 1000X coming in this April, I chose the red over the blue because it seemed like there was more paint in the front which may be silly i guess. I wanted the X for tighter spots and slightly better manuverability through the woods here in Montana. I just finished watching the first rides of the X & R this week in Utah, great positive feed back with both machines.

Reactions: BigOL3 and Mudwing
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!