P1000 Dealer Recommendation in Rochester NY

M

misterkit

Jun 30, 2016
ny
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm looking to purchase a 17 1000-5 Delux or LE. Does anyone have recommendations on dealers (to avoid or to use) in the Rochester NY area? I'm willing to travel a few hours if needed.

Reactions: sharp
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Go to Garrand's in Plattsburg. Call them and ask to speak to Geoff.

I drove 2 hours from here in Vermont. Well worth it.
Lanny

Reactions: sharp
Chevy412SP

Chevy412SP

Aug 30, 2018
Western New York
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Same as sjc3081, I live in WNY only an hour east of you, I went to PA and bought mine there, saved thousands of dollars and no sales tax. I actually used the website www.atvtrader.com. Put in what I was looking for exactly whether Base model, Deluxe, or LE and then how ever many mile radius. Most where in PA, some in OH and MI, all of which you don't pay sales tax, and even there starting price was cheaper than any dealer in Buffalo. I drove 4hrs into PA and saved about $3K-$4K between buying last years model, no sales tax, and a lot of dealers in PA are higher volume dealers than in NY(where you can't ride anyways) so they don't charge you freight charge, delivery, setup and all the other BS stuff. I showed a dealer in WNY the pioneer I was going to buy on my phone on that website, told him you match it and I will buy it right now (try to save myself the 4hr drive down and 4hr drive back) they couldn't come anywhere close to it, so I left and drove down to PA and bought it.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
doubt you will find any 17s left but 18s here and there but no deals around local. pa has the best prices but i wanted to go local just once you figure gas and wear on your truck wasent that much difference and if something happens you can take it back to the place and be treated good hopefully because they want your business. i got my 700 at bob weaver in Niagara wheatfield because they were having a open house when i went in there and they were upfront about pricing and fees, 10k was what the others listed in PA plus setup so i really only would have saved the tax going to pa. they didnt dick me around talking payments and when i asked how much it was she looked it up and gave me the price of that and the wolverine i was also looking at in a couple mins. that and they list prices on internet so that really impresses me so they got my business

Reactions: Mudwing
OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I got my leftover 2016 ESP from Holink Motorsports in Spencerport, NY for $13,000+ tax last year this time. Small dealership but they've been around forever and they have a great service and parts dept. The owner also let me order Honda Accessories through him at 15% off which also saved me on shipping. I could've driven 4 hours for something a little cheaper but I thought that was a good deal. I think he sells most his stuff 10% under MSRP.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
looked at hollink a bunch of times seemed the opposite to me had kawi and yamaha before and they never had any part i asked for ad when i bought them it was nothing off msrp and that was what they list on internet. hate that, i got my prairies and that from hebler because at least when they robbed me i got free winch and helmet. the only thing i got from hollink was a 2k gen because everyone want msrp for those. used to work in rochester and go by there everyday but if you didnt want some kind of bike not for you. my uncle had a gold wing and he liked them and had it serviced there but seems like thats all they care about and have parts for

Chevy412SP

Chevy412SP

Aug 30, 2018
Western New York
Ownership

1. 1000-5
doubt you will find any 17s left but 18s here and there but no deals around local. pa has the best prices but i wanted to go local just once you figure gas and wear on your truck wasent that much difference and if something happens you can take it back to the place and be treated good hopefully because they want your business. i got my 700 at bob weaver in Niagara wheatfield because they were having a open house when i went in there and they were upfront about pricing and fees, 10k was what the others listed in PA plus setup so i really only would have saved the tax going to pa. they didnt dick me around talking payments and when i asked how much it was she looked it up and gave me the price of that and the wolverine i was also looking at in a couple mins. that and they list prices on internet so that really impresses me so they got my business
Be careful of a Bob Weavers my friend as far as repairs! There service department for the last 8+yrs are filled with guys who have no clue what they are doing. Myself, family members, co-workers, and friends have all had horrible dealings with Bob Weaver service department. Anytime anyone takes stuff there it's always "We can't replicate the problem" they charge you the service call.... take it home and it does the exact same problem. Took a Yamaha Big bear there for it not starting, they said carburetor had to be rebuilt so I said go ahead and fix whatever needs to be done. Pick it up and take it down to hunting camp, start it up and drove it down the road, had gas pouring out the bottom. Took it right back to them and they told me " needles need to be replaced" I looked st him and said "I would think that is common sense to replace when rebuilding a carburetor, they thought not. Got it fixed, took it back out and 3rd time out and fuel pouring into the air box, took it somewhere else and had it fixed right and never had a problem since. I have a 2016 Pioneer 1000-5 and anytime I have had to get recalls done on it I take it to HAMBURG HONDA and they have been great to work with. Service department is outstanding and highly knowledgeable. Bob Weavers is the dealer I went to and showed them the price on my phone of dealer in PA and asked them to match it or at least come close on last years model which they had too, would come even close so I went to PA. Even with buying my Pioneer in PA HAMBURG HONDA was still great to work with and bent over backwards to help get my seat replaced under warranty that was coming apart where the fabric attached to the seat bottom and a CV shaft replaced where a CV boot had torn, and I didn't even buy the machine from them. I live only 15min from Bob Weavers and I still trailer my machine down to Hamburg, it's a pain in the butt , but at least I know there mechanics are competent and it's getting done right the first time.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Be careful of a Bob Weavers my friend as far as repairs! There service department for the last 8+yrs are filled with guys who have no clue what they are doing. Myself, family members, co-workers, and friends have all had horrible dealings with Bob Weaver service department. Anytime anyone takes stuff there it's always "We can't replicate the problem" they charge you the service call.... take it home and it does the exact same problem. Took a Yamaha Big bear there for it not starting, they said carburetor had to be rebuilt so I said go ahead and fix whatever needs to be done. Pick it up and take it down to hunting camp, start it up and drove it down the road, had gas pouring out the bottom. Took it right back to them and they told me " needles need to be replaced" I looked st him and said "I would think that is common sense to replace when rebuilding a carburetor, they thought not. Got it fixed, took it back out and 3rd time out and fuel pouring into the air box, took it somewhere else and had it fixed right and never had a problem since. I have a 2016 Pioneer 1000-5 and anytime I have had to get recalls done on it I take it to HAMBURG HONDA and they have been great to work with. Service department is outstanding and highly knowledgeable. Bob Weavers is the dealer I went to and showed them the price on my phone of dealer in PA and asked them to match it or at least come close on last years model which they had too, would come even close so I went to PA. Even with buying my Pioneer in PA HAMBURG HONDA was still great to work with and bent over backwards to help get my seat replaced under warranty that was coming apart where the fabric attached to the seat bottom and a CV shaft replaced where a CV boot had torn, and I didn't even buy the machine from them. I live only 15min from Bob Weavers and I still trailer my machine down to Hamburg, it's a pain in the butt , but at least I know there mechanics are competent and it's getting done right the first time.

I bought mine from Hamburg Honda. My bros and friends all dealt with them for years. They’re awesome. Order whatever parts you want. I do all my own work but when they set up my Pioneer, I hung out with the top mechanic for two hours. Watching what they were doing and asking questions. I walked out at around 11K for a base 700-4. No haggling. You’re right about the taxes(high), but I’m with jwfirebird on trailering down and the other points he made.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
being in the club im in and ive bought quads for 30 years around here, no dealer techs around here are worth taking the machine to. Every dealer i bought from, i will walk around and look and ask, they are ALL 18-20 year old know it alls that care more about their stupid phone than working on you machine. i dont take anything in cars quads tractors i do everything myself and do stuff for friends sometimes. machine stuff there is is a place in medina by the lake that my familiy has used for race bike and quad stuff for as long as ive been alive and everyone else in my club goes to batavia there is a guy that knows his crap but its takes a while to get it done because hes busy but hats how you know hes good. its not the honda dealer there, they had more service parts and jets for my kawis than hollink or hebler though. hamburg is hour and a half for me but i dont go anywhere that lists msrp only anyway and that is all they do. bought my can am from bucks and the are good no fees and couple grand off not sure if id get another but maybe, i like the sporty utility like outlander but kinda went crazy with 50 + lb wheels and they are always hitting and broke a cv cage in the mud down at tall pines. but the brute power is what i like but you cant find deals around here and its two weeks every time it breaks to wait for parts from any of the crap dealers

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!