P1000 Dealer wheel buy back?

Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles
Apologies if there is already a thread for this. I've been doing my due diligence for some time now. Everyone here has been great with all the information. I really plan on only running one kind of tire set up on my 1000-5 (when I can finally pull the trigger). My question is, do you think I could get my dealer to cut the price a bit for a dealer buy back on the rims and tires? Starting to lean towards the Deluxe again and trying get the best deal I can. For $1000 more, the biggest inclusion at the deluxe level is the wheel and tire combo. While I like the wheels just fine, I want to put 28's on my rig. At that point I might as well get the wheels I want as well. No matter how you shake it, it will be around a $1500 wheel/tire package. The Honda upgrade wheels list around $299 a pop. I wouldn't expect to get that back from them, but I'm curious what you guys think about the idea before I try pushing them on it. As a dealer I'm sure they could figure out a way to sell them to someone who may only want the wheel/bighorn upgrade.

I know, a lot of folks are going to say "just have two sets of wheels" but I'm trying to get the rig I want and it's getting expensive quick (obviously). Thoughts?

rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You would be better off buying the setup you want and selling the factory takeoffs on eBay, Craigslist, or even locally. Or on the forum here. Dealer won't give you near what you could sell outright

Reactions: ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Apologies if there is already a thread for this. I've been doing my due diligence for some time now. Everyone here has been great with all the information. I really plan on only running one kind of tire set up on my 1000-5 (when I can finally pull the trigger). My question is, do you think I could get my dealer to cut the price a bit for a dealer buy back on the rims and tires? Starting to lean towards the Deluxe again and trying get the best deal I can. For $1000 more, the biggest inclusion at the deluxe level is the wheel and tire combo. While I like the wheels just fine, I want to put 28's on my rig. At that point I might as well get the wheels I want as well. No matter how you shake it, it will be around a $1500 wheel/tire package. The Honda upgrade wheels list around $299 a pop. I wouldn't expect to get that back from them, but I'm curious what you guys think about the idea before I try pushing them on it. As a dealer I'm sure they could figure out a way to sell them to someone who may only want the wheel/bighorn upgrade.

I know, a lot of folks are going to say "just have two sets of wheels" but I'm trying to get the rig I want and it's getting expensive quick (obviously). Thoughts?

I asked the questing the answer I got was $400 for all 4 wheels AND tires.

It was a polite way of saying "screw you, if you don't want them what makes you think we can sell them?"

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I might be interested in buying one as a spare for my deluxe rig, but aren't the front tires a different size than the rears?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Width is different. Height is the same. Not sure if offset is an issue if using it as a spare.

Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles
I asked the questing the answer I got was $400 for all 4 wheels AND tires.

It was a polite way of saying "screw you, if you don't want them what makes you think we can sell them?"
What a load of crap. I double checked $199.94 for front or rear wheels not including tires. Will probably have to sell them myself. Thanks again for the info guys.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Factory wheels never sell for what they cost to buy them....just like on a car they can be twice as much money as a better looking and lots of times better built after market wheel but they won't even sell for half what the after market wheel cost. Yes it sucks but who really wants to spend anywhere close on a factory wheel as to the same price of what an after market wheel cost??

Reactions: ohanacreek
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Factory wheels never sell for what they cost to buy them....just like on a car they can be twice as much money as a better looking and lots of times better built after market wheel but they won't even sell for half what the after market wheel cost. Yes it sucks but who really wants to spend anywhere close on a factory wheel as to the same price of what an after market wheel cost??
I thought my dealer said 400 and I said no thanks but I too still want aftermarket setup. When the time comes what's fair I'm at 50 miles and slowly rising?

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought my dealer said 400 and I said no thanks but I too still want aftermarket setup. When the time comes what's fair I'm at 50 miles and slowly rising?

I got $400 for my stock tires alone sold locally, they MSRP for around 550 a set.

Reactions: Itsalljake

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!