P500 Decision time

Signal_rig

Signal_rig

Mar 10, 2018
TN
Ownership

1. 500
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the posts on this forum. There is a wealth of knowledge and a great community. I’m very interested in the pioneer 500 I think it would meet my needs. However, I’ve been looking at a leftover Wolverine and I am torn between the two.
I’ve been a team Honda for years, enjoy their four wheelers tremendously. I just think it’s time to have a little more protection around me. I’m not looking for the razor experience, just want a reliable machine to get around the mountains in.
My concern about the P500 is that I’ll need to add a locker, upgraded tires and possibly power steering. By the time I have those features I am at the price of the leftover Wolverine. I don’t have a trail restrictions per say, but some of the trails we ride on are tight.
My other concern about the pioneer is that I won’t be able to keep up with some of my friends on other machines, I ride with some four wheelers and dirt bikes on occasion . I know I will never be able to keep up with dirt bikes, but I don’t want to be totally left behind.
I just wanted to know if anybody had experience with both machines, Thanks for any input.

D

Deleted member 3748

I went from a P500 to a Wolverine X2 and I couldn't be happier. The P500 was a fine machine, but just not enough speed to keep up with other machines. Like you said, the Wolverine comes with almost every upgrade you need... front locker, PS, etc. It's very comfortable, powerful, and capable. I have videos of rides with both machines at my YouTube channel.

Piston Yamaha

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the posts on this forum. There is a wealth of knowledge and a great community. I’m very interested in the pioneer 500 I think it would meet my needs. However, I’ve been looking at a leftover Wolverine and I am torn between the two.
I’ve been a team Honda for years, enjoy their four wheelers tremendously. I just think it’s time to have a little more protection around me. I’m not looking for the razor experience, just want a reliable machine to get around the mountains in.
My concern about the P500 is that I’ll need to add a locker, upgraded tires and possibly power steering. By the time I have those features I am at the price of the leftover Wolverine. I don’t have a trail restrictions per say, but some of the trails we ride on are tight.
My other concern about the pioneer is that I won’t be able to keep up with some of my friends on other machines, I ride with some four wheelers and dirt bikes on occasion . I know I will never be able to keep up with dirt bikes, but I don’t want to be totally left behind.
I just wanted to know if anybody had experience with both machines, Thanks for any input.
Wolverine is an awesome machine. It rides way better than my 1000 with fox. Good power. Great seats. Need nothing off the showroom floor.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Guess which one I would choose.

IMG 20180707 134806229 HDR

advertisement
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Liking the transmission on the wolverine, and cab layout and would have one as a buddy to the P500 if not for local trail restrictions, so just picked up a deal on a used Polaris Ace for those days wanting a faster /smoother ride. But for a dual purpose of 2 riders and chores around the property, keeping the P500. Doubt the Yamaha forum will be as good as HondaSxS. Already found out the Polaris forum is not. LOL

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3748

Wolverineforums.com is run by total a-holes. It has some good members though.

This forum Is on of my favorites by far.
I like that forum, LOL. You can tell the admins of that site and hot rod forums do not get along.

Reactions: Todd627
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I like that forum, LOL. You can tell the admins of that site and hot rod forums do not get along.
Like I said some good members and some good info. Admins are assholes. I know the history of JBS and that forum. If mention JBS you get banned.

Reactions: Todd627
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I'd definatly go with the Wolverine between those 2. I had a 500 and almost bought Wolverine LE Rspec after I sold the 500. I'd still like to have a Wolverine as a companion to my 1000-5 and Rancher.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Wolverineforums.com is ran by Verticalscope which is owned by Toronto Star.
They have hired hands who's jobs is to stir up conversations. You can see this with the generic replies on many of their 1000's of forums. I would place a bet the owners have never sat in a wolverine.

Most independent forums have a automatic dislike towards them for this reason. Mostly because they are able to throw there workload here or there to run a forum up as needed without any first hand knowledge of the topic.

This perceived power makes it easy to collect top level sponsors while us small groups struggle to keep things alive.

Sorry. I shouldn't said all that. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!