Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a 500 and all I can say is, it’s a great machine. Given the choice between the two I personally would buy the wolverine. I almost bought a wolverine x2 when I bought my p500 but didn’t. Same debacle when I bought my 700-4, I was looking at it and a wolverine x4. I love my 700-4 but slightly wish I’d bought the wolverine x4 or pioneer 1000-5. Let us know what you get and don’t hesitate to stay in touch even if you don’t buy a Honda. The members and admin on this site are top notch, you won’t find a better forum or group. Good luck.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I had a 500 and all I can say is, it’s a great machine. Given the choice between the two I personally would buy the wolverine. I almost bought a wolverine x2 when I bought my p500 but didn’t. Same debacle when I bought my 700-4, I was looking at it and a wolverine x4. I love my 700-4 but slightly wish I’d bought the wolverine x4 or pioneer 1000-5. Let us know what you get and don’t hesitate to stay in touch even if you don’t buy a Honda. The members and admin on this site are top notch, you won’t find a better forum or group. Good luck.
Speak for your self! I feel we have traitors in our mist! HA! I really don't care what you ride, I just like being around people who are as foolish as I and love the outdoors, HA, HA!

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Speak for your self! I feel we have traitors in our mist! HA! I really don't care what you ride, I just like being around people who are as foolish as I and love the outdoors, HA, HA!
You forgot to mention spend money, if you’re going to own a couple rigs you need deep pockets. I’m hoping to catch up with ya and ride at the takeover, I’ll gladly stay behind you and pick up your loose change and large bills. I hear you wear Benjamin Franklins for cologne. HA..

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
My experience with testing out an older wolverine about a year ago was it was loud, uncomfortable, and lacked much of what I expected. With that said I test drove a P5 after I tested the 1000-5D and of course felt that it was too slow. Now that I own a P5 I wish I would have bought one long ago! If I had to choose today, both machines equally equipped, I would take the P5! Yamaha has always been one of my favorites so it’s a tough decision. Nothing bad about them, just speaking to the quality of what the P5 is! ;)

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup! If what you are saying is true you probably have your 1000 set up wrong:cool:
I'm sure the lift doesn't help. We were riding a trail with a lot of softball size rocks and potholes ect. I figured the wife was getting roughed up I could feel them a bit in the pioneer. We switched and I was amazed that they were non existent in the wolverine even with the little factory tires. It's a more sporty machine than the pioneer that's designed with ride in mind. Where payload/ride is in mind in the pioneer. Like a 2500 vs 1500 truck.

Reactions: Eltobgi and Todd627
advertisement
D

Deleted member 3748

I'm sure the lift doesn't help. We were riding a trail with a lot of softball size rocks and potholes ect. I figured the wife was getting roughed up I could feel them a bit in the pioneer. We switched and I was amazed that they were non existent in the wolverine even with the little factory tires. It's a more sporty machine than the pioneer that's designed with ride in mind. Where payload/ride is in mind in the pioneer. Like a 2500 vs 1500 truck.
Was the Wolverine an R-Spec?

Reactions: Todd627
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was the Wolverine an R-Spec?
Mine is not. After reading on other forums I decided to go with the standard power steering one. People liked the seats better. And the r spec has a lot of sag in the suspension after not to long as the other didn't. So I added the fender flares of the rspec for like $30.

D

Deleted member 3748

Mine is not. After reading on other forums I decided to go with the standard power steering one. People liked the seats better. And the r spec has a lot of sag in the suspension after not to long as the other didn't. So I added the fender flares of the rspec for like $30.
Oh, I didn't pick up on you owning a Wolverine. They do ride really well. I hope the X2 Rspecs don't have the sag you mentioned with the 700. They say the X2 is really quiet, but it's just not really loud. We can talk okay, but still have to crank the stereo and can barely hear the two-ways,

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh, I didn't pick up on you owning a Wolverine. They do ride really well. I hope the X2 Rspecs don't have the sag you mentioned with the 700. They say the X2 is really quiet, but it's just not really loud. We can talk okay, but still have to crank the stereo and can barely hear the two-ways,
Yeah I bought one for the "wife" lol. I like it a lot.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have bought stuff from him, and did exactly what he said, a lot of people like his work for the twin kawi and twin can ams. I got axles for the rhino too the only way I could beat it like I did. 120 an axle twice as heavy as stock. I would buy from him again. jbs just seems to expensive.

Reactions: Russ989
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
My experience with testing out an older wolverine about a year ago was it was loud, uncomfortable, and lacked much of what I expected. With that said I test drove a P5 after I tested the 1000-5D and of course felt that it was too slow. Now that I own a P5 I wish I would have bought one long ago! If I had to choose today, both machines equally equipped, I would take the P5! Yamaha has always been one of my favorites so it’s a tough decision. Nothing bad about them, just speaking to the quality of what the P5 is! ;)
Thanks for saving the venerable P5 from this Yamaha thread... ;):D:D:D

Reactions: Eltobgi and Russ989
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!