Deluxe VS. LE

V

vwrudy

Feb 11, 2022
Ladysmith, BC, canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
Hello all! I recently put a deposit down for a 2022 Pioneer 1000-5. I haven't decided between the deluxe or the LE. I would love some opinions on this please. When I was in the dealership the sales guy was really pushing the LE but it does cost more so he could just be salesguying me if you catch my drift. Thoughs one way or another. Thanks!

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hello all! I recently put a deposit down for a 2022 Pioneer 1000-5. I haven't decided between the deluxe or the LE. I would love some opinions on this please. When I was in the dealership the sales guy was really pushing the LE but it does cost more so he could just be salesguying me if you catch my drift. Thoughs one way or another. Thanks!
can't help with your ? but welcome from Ohio

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Personally avoiding i4wd and having my own control over the locking of the front diff would make the decision for me.

Welcome to the forum!
Pics or it didn’t happen (when you get it)
Red is the fastest color!

#NTC

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from the lower 48
all depends if u want the fox shocks now (LE) or do it later (Deluxe) plus the i4wd. Theres a couple other minor advantages to the LE vs Deluxe. Instead of us getting into it for the umteenth time…use the search up top and be patiant with it And youll find more ino on this that has been discussed here than Carter has Liver pills!

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
The SE is an attractive choice because it includes several popular options already installed at discounted prices but the reality availability of new Honda SxS units is you may have to take whatever the dealer can get.

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The SE is an attractive choice because it includes several popular options already installed at discounted prices but the reality availability of new Honda SxS units is you may have to take whatever the dealer can get.
Welcome from east of the Mississippi River @vwrudy. @HBarlow, I think he's looking for some LE comparisons (not the SE) to the Deluxe.

Like @Remington mentioned for starters, Fox shocks now (LE) or the ability to select when to use 4WD (Deluxe) are the biggest drivers in the decision. You can always add the upgraded shocks but you can't change the drivechain.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You can always add the upgraded shocks
Good point. I just thought of the Canadian factor for upgrading the shocks. There hard enough to get them here right now. he might get them there in the year 2033 😂
might just order the LE and be done with it

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I went with the Deluxe for a number of reasons, but the primary two were the presence of i4WD on the LE/SE and the ability to get a better bang for the buck buying and installing my own accessories instead of what Honda wanted me to have (with the SE).

The Deluxe does NOT have the i-4WD brake-traction control system like the LE/SE. Frankly, I don't want a computer deciding when or what mode my transmission and/or differentials are in. I want to be able to move a lever to a specific position and KNOW the state of the drivetrain (i.e., turf mode (aka no diff lock front or rear), 2WD w/ rear diff locked, 4WD w/rear diff locked or 4WD with both diffs locked).

The only other real improvement of the LE or over the Deluxe is the Fox QS3 adjustable shocks. Those are (and will be, as soon as my backorder is filled) easily swapped out.

I contemplated the choice between the Deluxe and the SE. The SE is basically the LE with a handful of, IMHO, overpriced options pre-installed, including a windshield, hard roof, winch, front fender flares, accessory switch plate, rear view mirror and a single 14" LED light bar. I prefer to customize my powersports machines. With the money I saved buying the Deluxe instead of the SE, I purchased and/or installed most of the SE options outlined above (including the Fox adjustable shocks) and also added many other things that do not come with the LE or SE (in-cab heater, stereo system, full canvas enclosure, Samsung tablet & mount for GPS tracking, Trail Armor full skid plate & A-Arm covers, dual battery system + isolator, Throttle Maxx, shifter covers, various LED lights & light bar, dash switch plate for mounting accessory switches, on-board Genius 2D battery maintainer, etc.).

If you're not interested in an SE, then that could be the route for you. If you're not wanting to think about driveline mode and not handy enough to swap some shocks, the LE could be the ticket. But IMHO, I think the Deluxe is the best value considering what you can do with the cash you save PLUS you get to be more in control of your driveline.

Good luck with the upcoming purchase and, once you do take delivery: PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

advertisement
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Good point. I just thought of the Canadian factor for upgrading the shocks. There hard enough to get them here right now. he might get them there in the year 2033 😂
might just order the LE and be done with it
Last I was told, they expected all the backorders to be filled in a couple of weeks (mid-March). We shall see!

V

vwrudy

Feb 11, 2022
Ladysmith, BC, canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
Welcome from east of the Mississippi River @vwrudy. @HBarlow, I think he's looking for some LE comparisons (not the SE) to the Deluxe.

Like @Remington mentioned for starters, Fox shocks now (LE) or the ability to select when to use 4WD (Deluxe) are the biggest drivers in the decision. You can always add the upgraded shocks but you can't change the drivechain.
Not even sure I could get an SE here

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
yup. The exchange rate isn't great but I do like the health care system lol. Also the PM of Canada doesn't decide the cost of things...
According to my cousins that live there, the Health care sucks (there nurses too) and the PM hasnt helped to make anything better In that exchange rate Or much else Lol.

Reactions: Smitty335
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from the mountains of WNC, I bought the DLux over the LE mostly because I’m not a fan of I4WD, I had 0 SXS experience until I got here, and have learned a lot since joining this site. That being said, if I knew then what I know now, I still would have bought the DLux, if you do what @Remington said and search the bazillion threads on this subject you will find everybody has a preference and a reason for their purchase. Good luck on your decision and we’d love to see pics when you get it.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went with the Deluxe for a number of reasons, but the primary two were the presence of i4WD on the LE/SE and the ability to get a better bang for the buck buying and installing my own accessories instead of what Honda wanted me to have (with the SE).

The Deluxe does NOT have the i-4WD brake-traction control system like the LE/SE. Frankly, I don't want a computer deciding when or what mode my transmission and/or differentials are in. I want to be able to move a lever to a specific position and KNOW the state of the drivetrain (i.e., turf mode (aka no diff lock front or rear), 2WD w/ rear diff locked, 4WD w/rear diff locked or 4WD with both diffs locked).

The only other real improvement of the LE or over the Deluxe is the Fox QS3 adjustable shocks. Those are (and will be, as soon as my backorder is filled) easily swapped out.

I contemplated the choice between the Deluxe and the SE. The SE is basically the LE with a handful of, IMHO, overpriced options pre-installed, including a windshield, hard roof, winch, front fender flares, accessory switch plate, rear view mirror and a single 14" LED light bar. I prefer to customize my powersports machines. With the money I saved buying the Deluxe instead of the SE, I purchased and/or installed most of the SE options outlined above (including the Fox adjustable shocks) and also added many other things that do not come with the LE or SE (in-cab heater, stereo system, full canvas enclosure, Samsung tablet & mount for GPS tracking, Trail Armor full skid plate & A-Arm covers, dual battery system + isolator, Throttle Maxx, shifter covers, various LED lights & light bar, dash switch plate for mounting accessory switches, on-board Genius 2D battery maintainer, etc.).

If you're not interested in an SE, then that could be the route for you. If you're not wanting to think about driveline mode and not handy enough to swap some shocks, the LE could be the ticket. But IMHO, I think the Deluxe is the best value considering what you can do with the cash you save PLUS you get to be more in control of your driveline.

Good luck with the upcoming purchase and, once you do take delivery: PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!
So there's your opinion.

I paid about a grand more than a deluxe. And it's still worth more than a deluxe.
The I4wd brake control bs is just that..
I have no trouble going with full lock front end rigs. Ask Jackal, who has more mileage on his LE than most with or without locking diff.
To the OP, if you can get a deal, dont let other's perception change your mind.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
So there's your opinion.
Agreed. But that is precisely what the OP asked for.

I paid about a grand more than a deluxe.
That's a good score! How long before the current mess did you buy yours? The difference between the Deluxe and LE based on current MSRP is nearly $3000. I'm not sure I've heard of any dealers discounting any of these bikes right now.

I was *this* close to a 2020 Deluxe with ~400 miles and some minor front end damage (brush guard, mostly), but the guy sold it out from under me the day I was going to go take a look at it and, most likey, buy it. Was almost the exact same price as the new 2021 Deluxe Camo (within $100).

Reactions: Smitty335
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!