Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The I4WD system cost Honda some die hard Honda fans here, I will admit they are hard core riders and they ride different brands now. Honda should have offered a Deluxe Talon for the hard core riders.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welcome from the mountains of WNC, I bought the DLux over the LE mostly because I’m not a fan of I4WD, I had 0 SXS experience until I got here, and have learned a lot since joining this site. That being said, if I knew then what I know now, I still would have bought the DLux, if you do what @Remington said and search the bazillion threads on this subject you will find everybody has a preference and a reason for their purchase. Good luck on your decision and we’d love to see pics when you get it.
Well that was very diplomatic way of saying the I4WD suck! HA!

V

vwrudy

Feb 11, 2022
Ladysmith, BC, canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
According to my cousins that live there, the Health care sucks (there nurses too) and the PM hasnt helped to make anything better In that exchange rate Or much else Lol.
ya, I'm not here to talk politics or relative health care system. Enough of that crap everywhere else. It's all about the sxs's!!

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Agreed. But that is precisely what the OP asked for.

That's a good score! How long before the current mess did you buy yours? The difference between the Deluxe and LE based on current MSRP is nearly $3000. I'm not sure I've heard of any dealers discounting any of these bikes right now.

I was *this* close to a 2020 Deluxe with ~400 miles and some minor front end damage (brush guard, mostly), but the guy sold it out from under me the day I was going to go take a look at it and, most likey, buy it. Was almost the exact same price as the new 2021 Deluxe Camo (within $100).
Yes and people are paying MSRP...
January 2019 . I also think I had covid during the time and just fought it like the flu....
Local power sports dealer. There was plenty of supply at the time and they had a warehouse full of new 2019's.
They also had a 2017 - 3 seat LE(demo) at the time I really wanted at 3 grand less, but talked myself into the 5. :rolleyes:
Pure Azz.. luck I bought right on this toy.
Cheers

Reactions: Scoop and Rayger143
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ya, I'm not here to talk politics or relative health care system. Enough of that crap everywhere else. It's all about the sxs's!!
Welcome to the club from just up the road from you. Have they given you a wait time? Take what you can get. Congrats!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Right on bro! Unfortunatly some of that (not the health care, someone else brought that up) has alot to do with what your asking about Weather u like it or not. Its talked about alot on here with getting SXS’s up in your neck of the woods. Sorry it wasnt sugar coated for you. I gave u options and info about your question in my first post, the second one was also to try to help to avoid you even more wait time, kinda cut and dry. Not sure what else you would like?

The next thing is to send u some links to some builds. But that would spend your money before you bought a machine Lol. But Id be happy to link my P1 build for you.
If they can guarantee and that will be hard, an LE the same amount for a Deluxe. Id do that. The i4wd aint as bad a people say unless your going to climb a mountain Or some serious terrain Where u might need a locking front diff. Hope this helps.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Most people will never ride places that are rough enough to ever notice the difference between a full locked front end and I4wd. Full locked will only have an advantage probably less than 5% of the time. If you have 4wd lock, you will probably only use it 5% of the time anyways due to it affecting the steering. I only use it on big mudholes I can't go around, extremely deep ruts and rocks climbs with ledges. It would be nice to be able to just put it in I4WD and just forget about. I would honestly like to have a rig with i4wd for the majority of my riding and 1 with 4wd lock for when I go riding with a bunch of idiots.

V

vwrudy

Feb 11, 2022
Ladysmith, BC, canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
Right on bro! Unfortunatly some of that (not the health care, someone else brought that up) has alot to do with what your asking about Weather u like it or not. Its talked about alot on here with getting SXS’s up in your neck of the woods. Sorry it wasnt sugar coated for you. I gave u options and info about your question in my first post, the second one was also to try to help to avoid you even more wait time, kinda cut and dry. Not sure what else you would like?

The next thing is to send u some links to some builds. But that would spend your money before you bought a machine Lol. But Id be happy to link my P1 build for you.
If they can guarantee and that will be hard, an LE the same amount for a Deluxe. Id do that. The i4wd aint as bad a people say unless your going to climb a mountain Or some serious terrain Where u might need a locking front diff. Hope this helps.
thanks! I appreciate it!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
thanks! I appreciate it!
This is my build. Started with just a base model. There are many other builds to see in here as well.

Last edited:
TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got the LE, and love the set it and forget it aspect of i4WD. I like the easy steering in i4WD. The computer does a great job with the traction control. I've been an avid 4wheeler since the early '70s, not all advancements were improvements, but electronic traction control (when done right) is like magic!

advertisement
Worse1

Worse1

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got the LE, and love the set it and forget it aspect of i4WD. I like the easy steering in i4WD. The computer does a great job with the traction control. I've been an avid 4wheeler since the early '70s, not all advancements were improvements, but electronic traction control (when done right) is like magic!
LE here, and I approve this message. ☝️

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Lol everyone justifying their purchase.

okay for me, that’s your choice.

some people prefer simple and robust with no electronics and others want the latest tech.

one has long history of reliability, the other is still debatable….otherwise there wouldn’t be threads about warning lights and non functional 4wd and lockers of the one system at a much higher rate than the other.

@Smitty335 is spot on that Honda stupidly closed the door to many would be buyers with the Talon. It has nothing to do with what system is better, but with what people want to buy.

For me, a Talon is off the table as I don’t want i4wd period. I simply don’t want a gimmick 4wd system that is one sensor from being down. Might be incredibly reliable…I don’t care as I want to choose the mode I’m in.

Im looking for something other than my P1k5 for trail riding, a Talon isn’t on the list.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X

some people prefer simple and robust with no electronics and others want the latest tech.

one has long history of reliability, the other is still debatable….otherwise there wouldn’t be threads about warning lights and non functional 4wd and lockers of the one system at a much higher rate than the other.

@Smitty335 is spot on that Honda stupidly closed the door to many would be buyers with the Talon. It has nothing to do with what system is better, but with what people want to buy.

For me, a Talon is off the table as I don’t want i4wd period. I simply don’t want a gimmick 4wd system that is one sensor from being down. Might be incredibly reliable…I don’t care as I want to choose the mode I’m in.

Im looking for something other than my P1k5 for trail riding, a Talon isn’t on the list.
Well said. I am firmly in the "keep it simple" camp. Have no interest in bells and whistles.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2

This is something that always bugs me about CanAm as well with their "Viso-loc" garbage. When an aftermarket company is born purely from selling locker conversions for your front diff, maybe it's time to ask yourself some questions, Can Am?

Reactions: Scoop and Buggyman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!