P1000 Did Honda fix the vent line issues on the 2021 1000/5?

D

Dedduc

Jun 1, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
About to buy a new side by side and Honda is on my radar but now I read about water getting in the transmission and other places because of the vent lines. Has this been fixed on the 2021 Pioneer 5 deluxe ?

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
About to buy a new side by side and Honda is on my radar but now I read about water getting in the transmission and other places because of the vent lines. Has this been fixed on the 2021 Pioneer 5 deluxe ?
To Honda it's not an issue because they tell you not to go in water over tire depth.
So no I'm guessing the vent lines are the same.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
so..
2016 models had a problem where heavy rain or wash would fill the roll cage and push water into the fuel tank and sub-transmission.
2017+ they issued a fix which consisted of just drilling drain holes near the vent lines.
The vent tube remains in the same location.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Discounted prices are as follows. Vent kit without filters $34 with filters $38. Vent kit and heat shield package without filters $68 with filters $74. Heats shields only $35.

My PayPal is [email protected]
Venmo is @Ross-Ross-5 last four of phone number 1790. Cash APP is $RossVRTRMRV. Send me the discounted price and email me with your address. [email protected]. I will reply with your tracking and instructions. Thanks and happy Trails!

If you us PayPal. Pay it as friend / family. Not goods / services. Goods / services charges me 3.5 % fee. Once payment is made message back with your address and email. I will email the tracking and instructions. Please check junk/spam for them. You will have to change the payment type from merchandise to friend / family payment. It’s set to merchandise payment by default.

Last edited:
JGarner

JGarner

Apr 25, 2020
Silver City NM
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2020 it had the issues but found a kit on EBay that had everything to fix it about a hour job, as for the buggy I love it brought my for hunting best one I have ever had for the mountain riding.

Reactions: Smitty335
F

Floridahond

May 13, 2021
Ownership

1. 500
Discounted prices are as follows. Vent kit without filters $34 with filters $38. Vent kit and heat shield package without filters $68 with filters $74. Heats shields only $35.

My PayPal is [email protected]
Venmo is @Ross-Ross-5 last four of phone number 1790. Cash APP is $RossVRTRMRV. Send me the discounted price and email me with your address. [email protected]. I will reply with your tracking and instructions. Thanks and happy Trails!

If you us PayPal. Pay it as friend / family. Not goods / services. Goods / services charges me 3.5 % fee. Once payment is made message back with your address and email. I will email the tracking and instructions. Please check junk/spam for them. You will have to change the payment type from merchandise to friend / family payment. It’s set to merchandise payment by default.
Money sent! I'd like to see a video or instructions on where this goes

Happy trails

Happy trails

Sep 12, 2021
Peoria arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sent some cabbage to [email protected] for a vent kit with filters. Money well spent!

BTW, I was a Polaris Ranger owner 2016 up to a couple months ago and I had vent line issues with my Ranger that stopped me mid-trek and forced a fun walk back to camp. The engine stopped and would not turn over after crossing a wash that was just below the floor in depth. I expected water in the engine so left it alone and had to have it towed back to camp. It was a long tedious process and $ to bring it back to life after I got it home. I took water into the fuel tank, up into the engine and both axles too via the vent tubes.

drowheels

drowheels

Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2020
florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Get the high lifter snorkel kit it comes went vent lines and instructions. I just zipped tied mine all the way up the cage and dropped them back down into the cage. After that take out the gage cluster and silicone the seams and dielectric grease the connecter and you can go over your head through water everyday all day without issues. And you don't have to worry about constantly breaking belts and axles like the ranger😆.

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!