• Other

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Curious how many have tried different oils in their diff.
I'm thinking of switching to Lucas 75-140 for less noise and better protection. Open to ideas / thoughts on that.

Reactions: pct
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm thinking of switching to Lucas 75-140 for less noise and better protection. Open to ideas / thoughts on that.
I used it in a Kymco 700 that I had it quieted it down a lot but it was a locked rear sold it to buy my 1000

DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i just changed my rear and front to lucas 75w-140 and did notice a little less noise. jury still out. after reading about the clutch situation and honda requesting engine oils remain honda brand only, makes me rethink the diff fluid change i made. i feel with heavy duty oil in the front and rear cannot hurt it . time will tell i guess.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
i just changed my rear and front to lucas 75w-140 and did notice a little less noise. jury still out. after reading about the clutch situation and honda requesting engine oils remain honda brand only, makes me rethink the diff fluid change i made. i feel with heavy duty oil in the front and rear cannot hurt it . time will tell i guess.
That where I was coming from too.
I don't mind spending a few dollars to give it a try. I cant think why the 75w-140 would be bad but maybe there's a reason.

If a machine requires brand specific lubricants, I think it has as much to do with maximizing profit as it is to ensure that cheap inferior products are not used.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have never used it in the front because all the one we had the front was quiet the rear was noisy in all brands we have had,just saying

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just switched to Lucas 75W-140. I wish I could say it quieted down a bit but I think I'd be lying to myself and to you guys. But it smells delicious. Haven't tasted it. Diffs took the whole quart. (Greedy bastards)

Heinecke2

Heinecke2

Nov 15, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just put 75w-140 synthetic Valvoline in mine. It might be a little quieter but not night/day. I might try an 85w next. Unless anyone has other suggestions.

I have ~800 miles on mine and I noticed a 'metalic sheen' to the oil from both front and rear diff. Kinda feel like changing diff fluid should be added to the first service.