Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I just wanted to post this as an alternative to that glass mirror. We bought a backup camera as a rear view mirror and I can't tell you how awesome it works! We mounted the screen up high in the center with a factory Honda clamp and the camera on the back side of the roof. You can see excellent whether you have people or you're loaded. If you have Windows especially vinyl you can actually see. It has night vision so you can see in the dark. There is no need to readjust it for different people that drive as everyone in the cab can see as easily as you. You can see drastically below the tailgate so it's also very safe. Works very well and it's so much cheaper then factory mirror. You can easily hook it up how you want it reverse on key on or switch. We hooked ours up to key because I prefer it on as we ride with people and it gives you a very clear view behind you and it's got it's own power button in case you don't want it on. You can even reverse your view and change contrast or brightness. It makes backing up to a trailer or object stupid easy. Oh and just for fun(maybe depending on your needs) it has an input for 2nd camera so you could place it where that passenger side mirror gets ripped off (or if that's not a problem mount small camera at base of mirror so you can see tire placement for those extreme areas)or directly on the hitch maybe a different view or camera degree angle on the ass of the rig or in the grill for all that matters

Last edited:
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Nice.
Are you saying you can use as a review mirror (ie who's 100 yards behind me) and a backup camera without manual adjustment?
My concern would be mud.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nice.
Are you saying you can use as a review mirror (ie who's 100 yards behind me) and a backup camera without manual adjustment?
My concern would be mud.
We have over 500 miles on it with no problems. It's hard for mud to get on the back side of the top of the roof. I suppose if it did it's only 6 feet high stop and wipe it off. Mine is a glass lens so no harm no fowl. If you for some reason (don't understand how) need more view then 180 degrees or wanted an adjustable one then for 10 buck buy this camera it is shoot I think it may even come with a drill bit:) The 7 in monitor is larger then the mirror so yes. The ir light only goes about 20 at night but that's way further then that old mirror goes. If you're riding with friends at night you can sure as hell see them. There are no obstructions. The cameras very from 180 degree to 45. We went 120 and I'll tell you that old mirror is very inefficient! I can't stand "normal " there are better ways for less money

Last edited:
Reactions: cruddy0815
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
To be honest, I had a little chuckle when you first mentioned backup camera in another thread.
But I think I'm gonna order one now. I'm glad I didn't order my mirror yet.
Thanks for the idea :)

Reactions: JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We have over 500 miles on it with no problems. It's hard for mud to get on the back side of the top of the roof. I suppose if it did it's only 6 feet high stop and wipe it off. Mine is a glass lens so no harm no fowl. It's a 7 in monitor so its larger then the mirror so yes. The ir light only goes about 20 at night but that's way further then that old mirror goes. If you're riding with friends at night you can sure as hell see them. There are no obstructions. The cameras very from 180 degree to 45. We went 120 and I'll tell you that old mirror is very inefficient!
To be honest, I had a little chuckle when you first mentioned backup camera in another thread.
But I think I'm gonna order one now. I'm glad I didn't order my mirror yet.
Thanks for the idea :)
absolutly. Spend a little time as there are many different choices and you can tailor it to you. I'm sure you'll like it though. Not to mention the middle person won't knock it out of adjustment getting in it bang there face off road. And it's cheaper. What I did on mine was take the back off ordered up factory accessory mount drilled two holes in the back and mounted it directly to that for maximum stability. It's more stable then the factory mirror. I did use black silicon on any of the speaker holes and any others on the inside to make it nice and tight. Took an hour to fully hook up pretty simple. It can play movies too:)

Reactions: Eltobgi
Daolin

Daolin

Nov 27, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
View attachment 8700 I just wanted to post this as an alternative to that glass mirror. We bought a backup camera as a rear view mirror and I can't tell you how awesome it works! We mounted the screen up high in the center with a factory Honda clamp and the camera on the back side of the roof. You can see excellent whether you have people or you're loaded. If you have Windows especially vinyl you can actually see. It has night vision so you can see in the dark. There is no need to readjust it for different people that drive as everyone in the cab can see as easily as you. You can see drastically below the tailgate so it's also very safe. Works very well and it's so much cheaper then factory mirror. You can easily hook it up how you want it reverse on key on or switch. We hooked ours up to key because I prefer it on as we ride with people and it gives you a very clear view behind you and it's got it's own power button in case you don't want it on. You can even reverse your view and change contrast or brightness. It makes backing up to a trailer or object stupid easy. Oh and just for fun(maybe depending on your needs) it has an input for 2nd camera so you could place it where that passenger side mirror gets ripped off (or if that's not a problem mount small camera at base of mirror so you can see tire placement for those extreme areas)or directly on the hitch maybe a different view or camera degree angle on the ass of the rig or in the grill for all that matters

Can you show a picture of the way you mounted this? You said a factory honda clamp, where do I get one of those?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Can you show a picture of the way you mounted this? You said a factory honda clamp, where do I get one of those?
I can take a picture when I get home in a few. The clamp is direct from Honda it's an accessory clamp for the roll cage.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 8396
Here's the pics. Super easy install you simply pull the back off the monitor drill a couple holes and screw on the factory mount. I did use some black silicon to seal it up because we pressure wash everything so I make damn sure everything is tight.
IMG 8397

IMG 8399
IMG 8398
IMG 8393

It's nice having the monitor directly above your head rather then looking away from your view and I love to see what's back there even with a load. Installed this well over a year ago in my other rig and still holding up great.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey CP, do you think I could use a digital rear view and get a wide which go view to delete my two side mirrors? I can't ever seems to find the right place and I'm always adjusting them.

When they were outside the vehicle, they got it on trees. Then I moved them inside and I just star at the ROPS. The bug buster screen doesn't like them so I moved them way up high. I just may take them off and try a wide view digital.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey CP, do you think I could use a digital rear view and get a wide which go view to delete my two side mirrors? I can't ever seems to find the right place and I'm always adjusting them.

When they were outside the vehicle, they got it on trees. Then I moved them inside and I just star at the ROPS. The bug buster screen doesn't like them so I moved them way up high. I just may take them off and try a wide view digital.

They have split screens that would work. There is also a perimeter setup that shows you a cool 360 of the rig. Thought about getting it at one point but it is kinda pricey.
Anything outside the ROPS in the woods becomes litter. I tried twisting the mounts inside but we ripped the damn things off. I gave up when we broke 2 Seizmiks off at once lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

I did side mirror mounts but keep them folded in to keep from braking them which makes them useless. Been thinking about the rearview camera for a while. Think I will pull the trigger on that. Plus it's awesome in my truck backing to a trailer.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I did side mirror mounts but keep them folded in to keep from braking them which makes them useless. Been thinking about the rearview camera for a while. Think I will pull the trigger on that. Plus it's awesome in my truck backing to a trailer.

People think it's nuts sometimes but hell its cheaper then the mirror lol

Reactions: sharp and Eltobgi
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
View attachment 31825 Here's the pics. Super easy install you simply pull the back off the monitor drill a couple holes and screw on the factory mount. I did use some black silicon to seal it up because we pressure wash everything so I make damn sure everything is tight.
View attachment 31824
View attachment 31822 View attachment 31823View attachment 31826

It's nice having the monitor directly above your head rather then looking away from your view and I love to see what's back there even with a load. Installed this well over a year ago in my other rig and still holding up great.
Do u have it on switch power full time, switched or tied to reverse?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Do u have it on switch power full time, switched or tied to reverse?
Simply ran power from reverse lights to camera. You go into reverse or switch they both come on. I had a two way camera switch in my red one so you could see the trail on the front cam a foot in front of the bumper dead center so that was cool in really rough crap.
I went to camera when a kid was driving it and didn't see another and almost backed over her. That doesn't happen anymore.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've been talking with Ohanacreek about the possibility of mounting an iPad mini up there and deleting all three mirrors.

1. It could link to my rear mounted GoPro for rear view

2. It could record videos of what's behind me. Which is usually @Delton and @drfubar. @DGann is usually broke somewhere way back out of camera range.

3. I could the clinometer if it's rigidly mounted.

4. It could hold all my music and Bluetooth to the Wetsounds bar.

5. It would provide entertainment for the kids if ever needed. (That's never happened though when mud is around).

6. My iPad mini is already in a LifeProof case so it's water proof.

What else could I need in a mirror? Am I missing anything? Is this a go or what?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've been talking with Ohanacreek about the possibility of mounting an iPad mini up there and deleting all three mirrors.

2. It could record videos of what's behind me. Which is usually @Delton and @drfubar. @DGann is usually broke somewhere way back out of camera range.

5. It would provide entertainment for the kids if ever needed. (That's never happened though when mud is around).

What else could I need in a mirror? Am I missing anything? Is this a go or what?

If you do that as a backup consider using Garmin, it can stay on permanently because it can be charged without taking case off.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

I was just thinking the same thing but i would probably use the backup cam around the house all the time. I can see the iPad being dead or having to turning on or leaving it out and making it to much inconvenience. Would still be awesome for everything else or dedicated rides.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If you do that as a backup consider using Garmin, it can stay on permanently because it can be charged without taking case off.

Yeah, that Garmin you guys have is awesome. I guess I would need a permanently mounted and permanently wired Bluetooth camera so I didn't have to worry about that.

I just wish apple had a good trail gps. Then it could do more.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Id still prefer a dedicated system because I've gotten to the point I hate using my phone for accessories. It's always in the wrong app or if you're recording the radio turns off etc etc. I hate doing that myself.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well crap, the water is all muddy now with the issues. I'll throw this idea on the pile of s*** in the back of head where everything else goes to die.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!