Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
According to the service manual, all you have to remove is the seat frame. I don't know how complicated or involved that process is.

Reactions: rtn001
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Doesn't look too horrible.
Capture111
Capture112

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Oh Lord please someone tell me I don't have to remove the gas tank to replace the fuel pump in a p500🙏
sorry I can't answer your question on a 500, the 700 is accessible from under the seat . I am sure one of these gurus will chime in later and give you all the details, there are some very helpful people on the forum.

Reactions: rtn001 and Mudwing
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
sorry I can't answer your question on a 500, the 700 is accessible from under the seat . I am sure one of these gurus will chime in later and give you all the details, there are some very helpful people on the forum.
looks about the same as the 700 not bad as long as you don't have a full cab.

Reactions: rtn001 and Mudwing
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
m
looks about the same as the 700 not bad as long as you don't have a full cab.
my float is hanging up so I will be doing it in the spring.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Oh Lord please someone tell me I don't have to remove the gas tank to replace the fuel pump in a p500🙏
See Attachment.

Attachments

• Fuel Pump Right Side Cover Removal.pdf
    64.4 KB · Views: 221
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just a heads up, I've found those door bolts to be a pita! Doesn't seem like any allen wrench fits them right. I've had them off twice and swore I wouldn't take them off again the last time. There's also a couple of push pins for the side panel on the backside down by the bottom of the gas tank that were somewhat of a b**** to get to. Don't really understand why you would need to remove either one if the fuel pump is on top of the tank though? 🤨

Reactions: rtn001 and Duckhunt
D

Duckhunt

Just a heads up, I've found those door bolts to be a pita! Doesn't seem like any allen wrench fits them right. I've had them off twice and swore I wouldn't take them off again the last time. There's also a couple of push pins for the side panel on the backside down by the bottom of the gas tank that were somewhat of a b**** to get to. Don't really understand why you would need to remove either one if the fuel pump is on top of the tank though? 🤨
X2. If you have to remove door might be good idea just get new bolts. Mine I was able to turn with vice grip after stripping allen out and drilling bolt head off. Used anti-seize on install!

Reactions: rtn001 and trigger
Steve00

Steve00

Feb 15, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
The fuel pump is under a bar, Think I'd have to just remove the bar then remove pump

Capture2

Reactions: rtn001 and 70Bones

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!