P500 Do you trust you Pioneer not to leave you stuck?

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I most certainly wouldn't want to get stuck wearing the footware you have on lol. I have only got my 700 stuck once (snow was a little too deeep), and that was the first day I brought it home. I have since put a winch on it, but I have yet to use it to get myself unstuck, these things are beasts most of the time I'm in 2wd and it'll pull right through .

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas
I have driven through some hairy stuff. I hunt a river bottom that has been flooded for the past year, and another area that has very steep washes and hills. The only time I was stuck was easing though a hole and high centered. Fortunately, I was out in less than five minutes with the aid of my winch. I am sure when I get some rubber like Montecresto has on his machine, that will not happen again.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have driven through some hairy stuff. I hunt a river bottom that has been flooded for the past year, and another area that has very steep washes and hills. The only time I was stuck was easing though a hole and high centered. Fortunately, I was out in less than five minutes with the aid of my winch. I am sure when I get some rubber like Montecresto has on his machine, that will not happen again.
Cool video ct. Looks like Florida. Did 50 miles in the Ouachita's yesterday, nearly had the P-5 on its side again. At one point, I had to help the Yellow Jacket out by standing on the passengers side, holding on to the cage and leaning way out like a catamaran for ballast because we rode a very steep narrow trail up a hill that came to a sudden end and there we were faced with turning around in tight steep quarters. I'm certain that my efforts kept his feet on the ground, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 500oneer
bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
Cool video ct. Looks like Florida. Did 50 miles in the Ouachita's yesterday, nearly had the P-5 on its side again. At one point, I had to help the Yellow Jacket out by standing on the passengers side, holding on to the cage and leaning way out like a catamaran for ballast because we rode a very steep narrow trail up a hill that came to a sudden end and there we were faced with turning around in tight steep quarters. I'm certain that my efforts kept his feet on the ground, lol.

The video was shot last weekend at Bear Island in Big Cypress. It's the same place my 02/2016 video was shot, about 20 miles east of Naples, Fl, different trail.

I've been meaning to get another ride video out. I have about 90 minutes of video but I haven't taken the time to edit it so I thought I'd take a little stab at humor with some of it.

Hate those high narrow turnarounds; you see stories about people going over the edge from time to time. When push comes to shove, I can walk but I never did learn how to fly.

Reactions: Montecresto
bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
I most certainly wouldn't want to get stuck wearing the footware you have on lol. I have only got my 700 stuck once (snow was a little too deeep), and that was the first day I brought it home. I have since put a winch on it, but I have yet to use it to get myself unstuck, these things are beasts most of the time I'm in 2wd and it'll pull right through .

I find myself in 2WD a lot and it suffices for a surprising amount of obstacles.

Reactions: trigger
bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016

I admit that I sweat the mud. In the Glades, sometimes there is NO bottom to it. I've been going out here for 30 years and have seen most everything get stuck. I comment about getting stuck in the mud with nothing to winch to in a portion of the video I shot. There are innumerable places that can happen in the Everglades.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
BadAss vid
white socks....gotta get dirty

Last edited:
bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
BadAss vid
white socks....gotta get dirty

Now that I'm ol.................ahem, more mature, I joke that I would like to ride in a white suit without getting a spot on it. I'm just not as much fun as I used to be.:(

Reactions: rocmar
advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Now that I'm ol.................ahem, more mature, I joke that I would like to ride in a white suit without getting a spot on it. I'm just not as much fun as I used to be.:(

...everybody fights there
own demons..it's kool dude.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!