P500 Does a front wheel bearing greaser tool exist for a (2015) 500?

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Searching around I have not found much real info, has anyone ever found anything to grease the (front or rear) sealed bearings with or without the axle in place? I am down for ball joint maintenance and want to do this at the same time if a tool exists.

Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Isn't the whole point of a SEALED bearing that grease doesn't come out & dirt doesn't go in, so you don't grease them???

Reactions: Bastardchild
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
The seal can let water in, and besides even new bearings come with less grease than you think. They make them for the 1k and the talon...I guess I can see if the bearings are the same and get one of those.

Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
The seal can let water in, and besides even new bearings come with less grease than you think. They make them for the 1k and the talon...I guess I can see if the bearings are the same and get one of those.

I understand that, I just would think prying or tinkering with the seal would only make it worse, no? Not trying to argue, just understand. Maybe it's just because I'm horrible at being gentle with things like that with my sausage fingers. 😳

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Its not a new thing...its proven and not really an issue, new grease goes in the center split line and pushes water / old grease out the seal, there is no "prying" ...and by seal I mean the bit of plastic that you can peal out with a thumbnail, don't count on it to save you if you ride in the mud or water. I suggest checking it out on youtube.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I found a bit of aluminum bar stock and just made one on my lathe and it worked out well, now if I have an axle out I can just grease the front bearings. If I had a 3d printer I think that would be the ticket to making one without the hassle..

Reactions: Bastardchild
Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Its not a new thing...its proven and not really an issue, new grease goes in the center split line and pushes water / old grease out the seal, there is no "prying" ...and by seal I mean the bit of plastic that you can peal out with a thumbnail, don't count on it to save you if you ride in the mud or water. I suggest checking it out on youtube.

Those plastic protected ones aren't what I was thinking of when I hear sealed bearing. Now it makes sense.

Only water mine ever sees out here in the desert is when it rains, or I wash it. Both happen about twice a year lol.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I hear that, mine is a 2015 with a few years of slogging through the mud, and with 2" wheel spacers and 30" tires I figured they might be done due to added stresses, but so far its just upper ball joints. I figure I will grease em whenever an axle is out for whatever reason.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Someone please post a photo of the bearing and this plastic washer. Thanks

advertisement
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great vid, thanks pFive.

I've got a Pioneer 1000, and I got my bearing greaser from Machined Integrations. I lube my bearings on every brake change, and consider it the best $43 I've spent on my Honda.

They were squealing around 2500 miles, shortly after I bought it used. Now they're in a constant happy bath of grease.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Good video. Now I understand what you all been talking about. I've been greasing sealed bearings for years with just a needle adapter for my grease gun. Just use a pick and carefully pull open a spot on the seal, insert the needle and pump. The needle I use is about 1/16" diameter. Rotate the bearing a little between pumps to get it all through the bearing. I get the needles at our local farm/fleet store. Depending on the bearing and application too much grease can cause a bearing overheating problem, but generally that's not an issue here.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
All wheels should be designed to use Bearing Buddies like on the trailer. Best invention ever!

Reactions: pFive

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!