Does anyone know?

IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Mine was noisy and running bad, and I just replaced the chain tensioner. It was quite after that. Not sure what your issue is or if this would fix it….
Yes noisy when i first start it and it's cold but gets quite after it warms up after about 5 minutes

Reactions: ChadD
IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
How many miles on the buggy when that happened?
I recently bought this one from a friend and it only has 2,000 miles on it but it does sound like the it's rattling around the cam chain tensioner area and I have heard that some of them might be bad from the factory, just wanted to try and adjust it to see if that helps before I spend the money on a new one.

Reactions: ChadD and CID
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I recently bought this one from a friend and it only has 2,000 miles on it but it does sound like the it's rattling around the cam chain tensioner area and I have heard that some of them might be bad from the factory, just wanted to try and adjust it to see if that helps before I spend the money on a new one.
A test I did, was to take the bolt out (I think it was a bolt) that uncovers the adjustment screw. With light pressure pushing in on the screw I could put tension back on the chain and it would clear right up, idle and sound fine. So it was an easy trial and error replacement for me.

IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
A test I did, was to take the bolt out (I think it was a bolt) that uncovers the adjustment screw. With light pressure pushing in on the screw I could put tension back on the chain and it would clear right up, idle and sound fine. So it was an easy trial and error replacement for me.
Thank you Hometeam!

Reactions: Hometeam

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!